exhaust

Muzzy full system with Ti oval can

PICT0027.JPG

I ve got full yoshi single system, unforntunately I was dumb and bought the stainless system,, wanting to loose the weight now, but I think it was the best bang for the buck, 650 for the whole exhaust system

I really wanted the Yoshi Full Titanium Tri-Oval exhaust but considering that, it only comes in the high-mount meaning that I would have to sacrafice the passenger pegs. Does anybody know if theres something that I could actually do about that? Anyway's I'm going to end up going with Yoshi Tri-Oval Stainless/Titanium.

I can say my yoshi stainless system hasnt let me down, but the issue now is with the weight, maybe I can sell it real cheap and put it towards something lighter

Does anyone know what the stock exhaust weighs on the Busas? Considering  the  dual cans,  I'd  think the weight difference between stock  and a titanium  full system  would  be quite  a bit.  I  haven't even   bought the  bike yet  but I'm already researching ways to shave some   poundage.
I would say stock 10-15 pounds atleast..
might be a little more than that expicially if it is a single can titanum.  I have a steel single micron and it weighs about 15-20 less than what my stock system with cans weighs.  Ill be picking up a scale tomorrow to be sure
Well i finally did it i weighed my exhaust

Stock weight in at a hefty 29 lbs
D and D full system duals  19 lbs
Micron full system with titianum can 13 lbs

if anyone else has any weight numbers post them.

<!--EDIT|him
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106800596 -->

Red 05,IMO,if you're going to be weight conscieous, then I would go with a single can setup such as the Ackropovick,expensive because of all the R&D and exotic material used (Titanium). To me the busa just doesnt look balanced with the one can deal, but thats just me.I saw a pic on this site of a busa with a HMF dual high mount and decided then thats what I wanted.The fact of the matter is the stock headers are corking this machine up.I compared the my new headers with the stock ones and the difference is astounding in the size alone!What ever system you decide on, just spend the money for a PC 3 and a good map.Its kinda like buying a Ferrari and putting some off the wall $ 50.00 tire on it , just doesnt make sense. Believe me,difference between the stock system and a well tried and trued system such as Ackropovic, Muzzy,and HMF can be felt in the seat of your pants when you twist the throttle! Take your time with your decision,but remember you get what you pay for.NJ.:)

I ordered my BDE Exhaust system and it took exactly 6 days to get to my post office here in Italy!!!!! Tom seems like a really nice guy to do business with and I think you will be happy with the pipe. Post them pics when you get her on.

lowered_naked.jpg

I use the DEVIL pipes.  I had them on my 01....then when I wrecked that one, i go an 04 and put them on it.  the pipes sound awesome sound examples The only problem with the full system is the pipes come too close to the fairing.  Moreso in the 04 than the 01 so you have to take care to use some heatshield on it.

oh yeah, that isn't me on the bike it is my lil brother's buddy.

<!--EDIT|kromebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106932990 -->

ben_on_busa.JPG

I asked the same questions, went with BDE, lost weight, gained a great sound and Tom was true to his word. No problems dealing with him, need more online business like his.

Back