exhaust wraps

negative on both counts and have not had one problem on any busa I have installed them on. Just make sure to tighten the sytem starting from the can and working your way to the headers and it should bolt up with enough clearance to not melt anything.

depending on the system you may need to add wrap to help prevent fairing melt in specific spots. Some systems give enough clearance while other can't/don't.

If the system is fitted properly, you shouldn't need to wrap it to keep the plastics from melting. There are other reasons for wrapping than just protecting the plastics. Lowering temps around the engine, better exhaust scavenging are a couple.

If it is close, you can put heat cloth (hardware in plumbing for hot water tanks etc.) on the fairing too if you don't want to wrap the pipes.
You should not wrap titanium, it will cause it to deteriorate.

no problems with wrapping Titanium systems... The last pic shows my scar from my full akra evo ti system BEFORE wrapping.

P5283284.jpg

PA115382.jpg

P5283287.jpg

Page 59:
Don't heat wrap a titanium pipe.
If it gets too hot inside that blanket, the metal oxidizes into a flaky yellow dust and falls apart.

Back