Exhaust Mods

(USN05LE @ Feb. 12 2007,13:39) Puzzling to me as well.  I had what I believe to be the easiest HMF install on the board.  Everything fit like it was supposed to with no clearance issues.  From being here 2 1/2 years, this is the first major problem I have heard/seen about the HMF.

Don
+10000....im confused-been running HMFs on my bike (bought with them already installed, but they were put on by the shop i purchased bike from...never heard them say it was a beast to put on.

there are numerous guys on this board with HMF systems...some hi-mount (mine) some low-mounts too.
Never heard one single guy complain about this before. Id suggest checking with Suzuki about hoses/clearances on that side where you had problems...they might have moved things with new model, that HMF has not been made aware of yet... sorry they were rude with you tho...not very professional to ever recommend a 'zip tie'
all_coholic.gif

I Had the HMF's on my 05 and they can be very tricky to put on....alot of patience and breathing exercises is needed so you don't just take a hammer to the thing....but I got it all to fit with no modification to anything....HMF did send me one mid-pipe with the belled end on the wrong side, but I just took alot of pictures and sent them to HMF and they sent me a new one. Best thing is to just take your time plan on working on it for a whole weekend if you have never installed one before, and try to have fun while your doing it!!!

I brought my problem with HMF up to you all in Jan. of '04 and you all thought I was nuts and HMF was great and BLA BLA BLA.. Pretty much like your telling this guy..

This doesn't surprise me at all...

Sounds like HMF has issues.
My Yosh TRS system went on without problem and put out some nice
dyno #s after a remap of it's stock box.

nobody is tryin to make the guys who have problems feel like doofs, Doyle...just sharing personal exp- like I said before, Im no ex. expert either, but working for 7-8years in CNC manufacturing parts, I seen plenty 'snafus' that made it past inspectors...HMF may have some tool down the assembly line throwin the wrong mids into boxes for Busa kits...hell, could be any bike's kit... but point being that HMF NORMALLY doesnt make 'crap' parts...otherwise they would have been out of business back in '00 or '01 after all the pizzed-off owners complained n stopped buying their pipes. BUT-that aint the case. Sux that you n Jaime got stuck with bum parts, but I would still try to work with the HMF peeps...but J was fed up with their advice, so he went his own route-which he's entitled to do....I dont think he's entitled to say that the whole company n everything they make is crap tho-never got anything but compliment on my pipes..you saw'em when ya picked my dumb butt up with the gas can
all_coholic.gif

since my panels are off-heres a pic of my left side-no clearance issues on my '03

pipes_005.jpg

another pic of pipe-clears everything easily...HMF def. made a mistake, but I hate to say I think J. got the biggest azzhat the company ever hired on the phone-that I will agree with...sometimes folks are stupid, but doesnt mean the product they sell is just as dumb.

pipes_007.jpg

Nothing I hate more than sh!tty fitting components you pay premium prices for and expect perfection and top it off with sh!tty customer service. No experience with HFM, but I went thru the same issues with a top name racing header manufacturer with my LS1 Camaro. Hate that sh!t. And makes matters worse when those that actually didn't have any issues call you crazy as they bandwagon. Obviously there was an issue from HFM, you can see it in the pic, head pipe bending into the coolant hose and far outside "other makers tube routing" area. FWIW, my Tsukigi fit so well I dont think about any other brand.

Jamie , help me understand .

Are you saying the down tube pushed into the radiator hose 3/8 of an inch ? Or another way , was the header going 3/8 an inch beyond flush with the hose ? Before the plastic was re-installed ?

Was the installed pic your final mod ? It appears the step has been altogether taken out of the primary tube but where is the second weld point ? Hidden behind the hose ?

+1 Charlie, I am glad I followed Greg at HPC's advice on the Tsukigi full exhaust. No wiggling or jiggling it fit perfectly.

I have installed 2 of the HMF high mount systems, and they can be tricky! One installed on an 2005, and one on a 2006 - both worked fine! You do have to twist and adjust all of the pipes to get the propper clearance. Twisting the Y at the bottom of # 1 and #2 header pipe can make almost an inch of difference in the position of the header pipes, and should give you the clearance you need.

I've installed more than several systems,never had an issue,I wish they would include more heat barrier,but the design,fit and performance has been second to none.For your viewing pleasure....

HMF.JPG

Yikes, making me re-think about HMF. I have always been a little skeptical about the fit and cust. service from past posts made here.

If I'm spending $1,000.00 for an exhaust system that b!tch better snap right on w/ no problems.

Back