HMF High mounts - need help please

NoMoreToys

Registered
Well, the pipes went on, very tight fit. I am not so sure that the #1 cylinder header pipe is correct. Does anyone else have the HMF kit on their 06? The radiator hose is tight against it and this is causing fairing mounting issues. I know its difficult to tell by the pix but i really dont think that that pipe is bent correctly. Too late to call HMF, just wanted to get a feel out there.

Busa pipes 002.jpg

Busa pipes 001.jpg

Mine was real close but not pushing on the hose. If you still have things loose...bully it around some. HMFs take some time and manhandling them to get them all on inline correctly. I put mine on then spent a few hours front to back, back to front and back again checking and aligning everything before tightening it all up. Once the time is taken....their golden in my mind. You will love the sound it makes and the real seat in the pants feels.

All seems to be ok with the fit except that left side, the right side is in its sweet spot. The X pipe is within a 1/4 of the oil pan. I really believe that the pipe is bent wrong. Way too much distance form everything else but the radiator hose. I will pull it all apart and try again. the rear part of the lowers isn't fitting right either. thanks for the words, and yes it does sound sweet!

Back