Exhaust install

(Rylinkus @ May 20 2007,15:flamethrowing:) My cars have already proven the speed issue. Upgrade and say that's all Ill need. And then a month later youre looking at stroker kits and superchargers. That's one of the reasons I bought the Busa. I figured it would limit my options for trading into a faster ride.
The busa is a mod trap just like a performance car.... turbo's, superchargers, big bores, strokers, N2O, etc... if ya' get bit by the bug you'll be dumpin' lots of money....

god luck and enjoy the ride!

(jayy @ May 21 2007,10:39) If you dont have the bike on a front stand you wont be able to remove the stock header pipes...  not enough ground clearance to do it.

NOT true...when I first got my busa thats the frist thing I did was change exhaust and I did not have a front stand.....the stand just makes things a little bit easier.[/Quote]
+1

I didn't even have a rear stand back when I first put on my full system - used the kickstand only. Yes, it's tight but you can make it work.

That's the route I was going until people kept mentioning stands. It's all good though, as Im sure the stands will get plenty of use.

(dadofthree @ May 19 2007,11:03) You said you had tools and was somewhat handy. Just cut the pipes coming off the head to the pair valve, crimp and braze close.  
wow.gif
Oh dear God.
SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif

ATM I'm going the marble mod route. Later this summer Ill probably do the block off plates, just to tidy up that area a bit. I haven't done the marble mod yet though, as I want to wait until my DR says it's ok for me to ride, before I get my bike to a point where I can ride. (Otherwise I'm likely not to wait for DRs approval)

Just took off my stock pipes. Brock's should be here tomorrow. I only have a rear stand and yes, a front stand would have been nice for removing the pipes, but it was not needed. Just had to remove the radiator brackets and fan and I was good to go. Removing the PAIR actually helped remove the pipes so I went that route. Used the cardboard trick for the radiator as well. A lot of good install threads in here... take your time and determine which method is the best for you. For the header bolts a LONG hex socket really helped. The standard hex left the socket rubbing against the #2 and #3 pipe. GL.

Back