Exhaust heat wrap advice please.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by Dietz & Watson

So it's exactly 1 pound lighter than the alienhead. Hmmmmn. Im sweating....is it worth a pound. I think I'll circle back to this option lol
Where is the ALIEN HEAD 2 pipes weight listed ? I cant find it on Brocks site . 3.9KG is the true weight of CT Meg pipe , 450 grams lighter is a lot in overall weight , when you are buying $1000 ti bolts for 250 gram saving..... plus ti is the best exhaust . You plan on 480lb or a lot less than that for your Gen 2 , you better get onto the lightest parts you can , unless you plan on 1 front disc only type weight loss mods , because you might find your build aint lost anywhere near enough .
Of note , perhaps the lightest Busa , the ERJ Megatron , is runnning this exhaust .

Last edited:
i ceramic coat almost all of my exh system. it also helps protect the exhaust pipes from corrosion. even though i prefer it, a well installed exhaust wrap will do better at keeping heat in the pipe. so good that it void warranties on some exh systems. wraps can keep so much heat inside they can cause the pipes to exceed its working temperature limits. wraps also hold moisture which can lead to corrosion problems depending on the material you use. many places that apply powder coatings can do exhaust systems. similar process, just different powder used.

Where is the ALIEN HEAD 2 pipes weight listed ? I cant find it on Brocks site . 3.9KG is the true weight of CT Meg pipe , 450 grams lighter is a lot in overall weight , when you are buying $1000 ti bolts for 250 gram saving..... plus ti is the best exhaust . You plan on 480lb or a lot less than that for your Gen 2 , you better get onto the lightest parts you can , unless you plan on 1 front disc only type weight loss mods , because you might find your build aint lost anywhere near enough .
Of note , perhaps the lightest Busa , the ERJ Megatron , is runnning this exhaust .
Damn you're right.....fack lol. Alright well now i gotta see if they will have it available

It shows it under "technical details" tab

It shows it under "technical details" tab
I run this pipe on the ZX14R too , it is special imo. Brocks actually advises that the Alienhead 2 gives basically the same power , and cheaper , but bro , once all the main components are bought , it is then down to every trick you can think off to shave off weight and still keep the bike like a true capable sport bike that turns and brakes close to a 1000cc Superbike .

I run this pipe on the ZX14R too , it is special imo. Brocks actually advises that the Alienhead 2 gives basically the same power , and cheaper , but bro , once all the main components are bought , it is then down to every trick you can think off to shave off weight and still keep the bike like a true capable sport bike that turns and brakes close to a 1000cc Superbike .
YUUUUP. Definitely because ain't no way I'm resorting to taking front rotors off or essential items. I been looking online everyday for new parts or ideas. Still finding some every so often. I've caught the sickness

View attachment 1676109
3 types of Japanese made Brocks CT series Titanium exhaust . The CT DUAL system 4-2-1-2 , the CT 4-2-1 with longer length mid pipe , and the shorter CT Meg 4-2-1 pictured above . The CT Meg is about the lightest pipe out there , bar a Japanese Trick Star pipe which is slightly less . Brocks made the Alien Head pipes , same configuration in steel for those wanting lower cost and not concerned with weight .
Btw how did your bike feel after each suspension upgrade? Forks swingarm shock ect? Which made the biggest improvement or noticeable difference?

Btw how did your bike feel after each suspension upgrade? Forks swingarm shock ect? Which made the biggest improvement or noticeable difference?
The first suspension change over , was standard Busa fork fitted with Ohlins cartridges , so were really exactly same as Ohlins FGRT208 , and the top Ohlins shock for Gen 1 was also fitted , all spung fo m weight . That was a geat setup , it worked well with the BST wheels , then I bought the FGRT208 AND THE TTX36 rear , all setup for my weight and that setup was better , a little weight loss bonus and the ride feels very capable , non fussed by any road irregularity , just beautiful front end feedback , suspension was well worth the coin .

The first suspension change over , was standard Busa fork fitted with Ohlins cartridges , so were really exactly same as Ohlins FGRT208 , and the top Ohlins shock for Gen 1 was also fitted , all spung fo m weight . That was a geat setup , it worked well with the BST wheels , then I bought the FGRT208 AND THE TTX36 rear , all setup for my weight and that setup was better , a little weight loss bonus and the ride feels very capable , non fussed by any road irregularity , just beautiful front end feedback , suspension was well worth the coin .
What style of riding do you do

What style of riding do you do
i ride hills , corners , so sport bikes were always my choice of bike . But at this age , and sporting a few old injuries , and was 6'4" length , now shrinkin lol , the Busa was chosen over all others at the time because i could fit on it relatively comfortably , and it could do most things well , but still a sport tourer rather than full sport like the current 1000cc bikes . So that is why the ZX14R as well , done up to turn better etc. , now tho got a real carving hoon KTM , and going to setup the H2 to carve a bit as well .

i ride hills , corners , so sport bikes were always my choice of bike . But at this age , and sporting a few old injuries , and was 6'4" length , now shrinkin lol , the Busa was chosen over all others at the time because i could fit on it relatively comfortably , and it could do most things well , but still a sport tourer rather than full sport like the current 1000cc bikes . So that is why the ZX14R as well , done up to turn better etc. , now tho got a real carving hoon KTM , and going to setup the H2 to carve a bit as well .
Same I'm tall. I ride aggressive and love my corners and flicking around. Spend a lot of time on top end. Love the size and comfort of a busa but the capability is there as well. The wheelbase isn't so bad but the weight really hinders the potential of the bike.

When im done with my modifications I believe it will be the best streetbike to have. Comfort and performance with a large range. Especially when I get the larger aluminum tank. Plus the aerodynamics are second to none.

Honestly without going into a rant.....im going through A LOT right now and researching and preparing this build is kinda therapeutic. And I love riding more than anything and the hayabusa was and is my dream bike. And now I am able to afford the things I want to do to it. So this bike is a mark of an important time in my life for many reasons

Back