Exhaust heat wrap advice please.

If you are looking for all the weight loss that you can, you will quickly realize that after a few mods, losing pounds at a time becomes a very hard thing to do, so another pound of weight loss is something to consider, besides, it's titanium...just look at it, lol
An Alienhead is also a boot burner.
And if you wrap an exhaust, the radiant heat that was contained by the wrap, still has to go somewhere...which is radiating through the muffler sleeve and out of the tail pipe...so you would feel a rise in heat there if you wrap the downtubes and collector pipe.
A Gen2 has dual fans and they are not known to run hot.
An ecu flash can turn the fans on/off 10-15 degrees sooner(worth doing).
Engine Ice can lower the temperatures a couple degrees, and disapates heat quicker than regular coolant.
Just a few things to consider.

If you are looking for all the weight loss that you can, you will quickly realize that after a few mods, losing pounds at a time becomes a very hard thing to do, so another pound of weight loss is something to consider, besides, it's titanium...just look at it, lol
An Alienhead is also a boot burner.
And if you wrap an exhaust, the radiant heat that was contained by the wrap, still has to go somewhere...which is radiating through the muffler sleeve and out of the tail pipe...so you would feel a rise in heat there if you wrap the downtubes and collector pipe.
A Gen2 has dual fans and they are not known to run hot.
An ecu flash can turn the fans on/off 10-15 degrees sooner(worth doing).
Engine Ice can lower the temperatures a couple degrees, and disapates heat quicker than regular coolant.
Just a few things to consider.
Damn that's a very good point about the weight loss and the heat. Hmmm this journey is definitely enlightening. Every time I get a idea another one pops up. So I'm gonna look into titanium exhaust to see which is the lightest. Also which is further away when the exhaust heat comes out so I don't burn myself.

I'm going to go 1441 on my 2009 busa so want to do all I can to keep heat down. I want to wrap my exhaust just want any pointers. FYI I have an alien head 2 exhaust.

I was also looking at titanium exhaust for weight savings but it seems to only be 1 pound lighter so...
Hi. I have my HD wraped for like 8 yrs now no problems at all. I would go with the Ti pipe 1 lbs is still 1 lbs. I am having IA Catings in Huston do my turbo parts so I do not need it wraped or a blanket for the Turbo. They are also coating a lot of my motor parts. I also have to talk with them about some other parts too. I have spent $800.00 to save 8ozs.

Wrapped Harley or Cruiser pipes can be a great thing, especially when the pipe(s) are near or pass under your legs, you definately want as little heat there as possible.
Vs a sportbike with a 4 into one under fairings, with pipes in front and underneath the engine, and in this case(Alienhead)exiting near your boot...so your foot(really feet, as there is heat radiating in every direction) gets nice and toasty.
You can also melt your right heel into the pipe...that way it fits better next time, lol

Wrapped Harley or Cruiser pipes can be a great thing, especially when the pipe(s) are near or pass under your legs, you definately want as little heat there as possible.
Vs a sportbike with a 4 into one under fairings, with pipes in front and underneath the engine, and in this case(Alienhead)exiting near your boot...so your foot(really feet, as there is heat radiating in every direction) gets nice and toasty.
You can also melt your right heel into the pipe...that way it fits better next time, lol
So if I go with a titanium exhaust I have to keep my rear peg which I planned on taking off. So the weight savings is about a wash. But I do like the clearance of the CT exhaust. I really wonder how bad the heat will be coming out of that brocks alienhead after I wrap it. Decisions Decisions

So if I go with a titanium exhaust I have to keep my rear peg which I planned on taking off. So the weight savings is about a wash. But I do like the clearance of the CT exhaust. I really wonder how bad the heat will be coming out of that brocks alienhead after I wrap it. Decisions Decisions
Hi. It simple do not go with the 1441. Gp with a Pro Charger. You do not have to wrap anything. For the street the supercjRger is the way to go. It is better than a turbo. The power os alwaus there. See my post. My very slow build page 34. That is the bike I am tring tp buy but some on has 1 at dibs. 290 HP on pump 93.

I'm going to go 1441 on my 2009 busa so want to do all I can to keep heat down. I want to wrap my exhaust just want any pointers. FYI I have an alien head 2 exhaust.

I was also looking at titanium exhaust for weight savings but it seems to only be 1 pound lighter so...
Which exhaust in ti , the short CT Meg in ti from Brocks weighs 3.9kg with bracket , and use ti fasteners everywhere anyway too . You can get exhaust mount brackets for twin system from Webike in aluminum , You used to be able to get 1 for right side , but think now a set of 2 .

Hi. Like I said my HD is wraped it still gets verr very hot on the leg over the rear pipe it need a shild. On the Vucan realy no problem.

You can have a lightweight custom exhaust hanger made, and a couple companies used to make them(and may still), you don't have to keep the passenger peg bracket.

Which exhaust in ti , the short CT Meg in ti from Brocks weighs 3.9kg with bracket , and use ti fasteners everywhere anyway too . You can get exhaust mount brackets for twin system from Webike in aluminum , You used to be able to get 1 for right side , but think now a set of 2

Hi. It simple do not go with the 1441. Gp with a Pro Charger. You do not have to wrap anything. For the street the supercjRger is the way to go. It is better than a turbo. The power os alwaus there. See my post. My very slow build page 34. That is the bike I am tring tp buy but some on has 1 at dibs. 290 HP on pump 93.
From everything I've research NA gives a more linear power delivery. Plus less parts and weight.

From everything I've research NA gives a more linear power delivery. Plus less parts and weight.
Hi. NO! LOOK AT THE CHART. Eric at DAS knows what he is doing. He has the only Pro Charger bike in XDA Pro Street. Look at my very slow build page 34.

20240106_120247.jpg

Don't see a short one.
IMG_20210729_110947.jpg

3 types of Japanese made Brocks CT series Titanium exhaust . The CT DUAL system 4-2-1-2 , the CT 4-2-1 with longer length mid pipe , and the shorter CT Meg 4-2-1 pictured above . The CT Meg is about the lightest pipe out there , bar a Japanese Trick Star pipe which is slightly less . Brocks made the Alien Head pipes , same configuration in steel for those wanting lower cost and not concerned with weight .

Last edited:
View attachment 1676109
3 types of Japanese made Brocks CT series Titanium exhaust . The CT DUAL system 4-2-1-2 , the CT 4-2-1 with longer length mid pipe , and the shorter CT Meg 4-2-1 pictured above . The CT Meg is about the lightest pipe out there , bar a Japanese Trick Star pipe which is slightly less . Brocks made the Alien Head pipes , same configuration in steel for those wanting lower cost and not concerned with weight .
I don't see the short one available on the Brocks site

I don't see the short one available on the Brocks site
None there right now , but you could inquire , that is if you want the lightest pipe . Of interest maybe , That black Busa in Brocks CT Meg pictures , that is my ex Busa
:)

So it's exactly 1 pound lighter than the alienhead. Hmmmmn. Im sweating....is it worth a pound. I think I'll circle back to this option lol

Back