Thermal Wrap on Exhaust?

Rocker_on_Rocket

Registered
Anyone have opinions on this, I would like to hear it....
I will be installing an HMF full dual exhaust on my 2005 Busa soon and I read online someone applying thermal wrap on it. I also read somwhere else that the purpose of this is to help reduce the heat emmiting from the exhaust to the rider and help with faster exhaust flow due to the higher temps staying within the exhaust.
My Question:
How much of this is true? Is it worth it? Has anyone out there done this and can share their experience?
Cheers! :D

It will work as advertised. I wouldn't do it. Cleaning the wrap is a nightmare, and you have to do it if you want to pipes to last for a while. I had the headers on my Busa ceramic coated to achieve the same goal. It works great and is as easy to clean as stock headers.

I would agree that a good commercially applied coating will work nearly as well but I wrapped mine due to costs, down time and the fact that I have used wrap a lot on turbo systems..

Do not wrap Titanium parts and keep in mind you can "over wrap" pipes as well.. about a 1/2" overlap is all that is required.

Soak the wrap in water first and make sure it is wrapped tight if you go this route..

If you have the time and money, get one of the ceramic coatings applied and go that way.. (making sure not to have the pipes coated where they "slip together") I used Jet-Hot for our headers..

i wrapped my old akrapovic full system it was kind of a pain and i forgot to soakk the wrap in water before i installed em so i had to deal with the stink of them for a few weeks was it worth it????? naaaaah my new ti force is on the way it came out of the box yeah i feel a lil more heat when im sitting still but i try not to sit still long lol

I have wrapped my last 3 bikes from the get-go,one of the first things I do.Makes for a very comfortable ride.It also helps quite a bit with heat soak to the rest of the bike.Just watch out for the can(s),they are that much hotter.I use the ceramic wrap(moose)it is much easier to work with,not itchy like most brands.Easier to wrap off the bike(duh)but I did my 08 while on the bike. Good luck:thumbsup:

Back