Exhaust Cans

Mac Daddy

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:times'></span><div align="left">[/Quote]<span style='color:blue'></span>

I've owned my 'Busa for three years now. I truly believe this is the best bike I've owned - and I've owned alot! I use it primarily for commuting - 70 miles round-trip daily, and weekend riding. Not much distance but I've ridden it almost five days a week since I bought it (30k). I have no plans to pimp it out, but I do want more horse power. I've ramped up the rear sprocket a few teeth and that has helped a little. I have a K&N air filter on order too. But I'm wondering if replacing the exhaust system with a Yoshi or Vance, or something like that, will also give me few more horses. I'm open to suggestions and brand preferrence.

You will get way too many opinnions on this one so use your own judgement and investigate yourself. See what looks best to you and seems to be the best deal. No matter what you get you will gain little horsepower but it will add aural excitement and you will loose weight in the swap from stock though - both good things.

If you want top quality price be damned, go with Hindle or Akrapovic for instance.

If you want quality and value go with Micron or Yoshimura (and others).

If you want something different go with HMF or Devil.

If you want lowest cost or best bang for the buck, go Muzzy or D&D.

Ther are many more to chose from so good luck.

BTW, I use Micron and love it. Great value, awesome sound, quality second to none.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080660625 -->

BDE Gen3, IMHO.. I just put 'em on and I love 'em.. You'll drop about 30 pounds right off the bat, get a sweet throaty sound and get some more hp...

If you get a header system with cans (or can) with a tune shuld get you 168-171rwhp.

And remember that a full system saves the most weight and gains the most power but requires a Power Commmander. Slip-ons are only for better sound (in general).

And know that when I refer to Hindle, others refer to it as BDE or Brock or Gen3 - BDE stands for Brock Davidson Engineering (right guys?), Gen3 is the series, Hindle is what is labeled on the can. Why they cannot use one name is beyond me but good stuff from what I am told. Maybe someone can explain this to me? Or am I totally wrong guys?

Yosh Bolt-Ons are Top Quality/ Look Great/ Sound is better, Its a judgement call on what you like and the best price. Anything is better than the stock cans. Yosh and Suzuki just go together very nicely.

GO WITH THE BROCK HINDLE.. GREAT FIT AND FINISH AND SOUND. BEST OF ALL IT ONLY WEIGHS LIKE 8LBS.

Haywood, on the system you refer to about how much does it cost installed? I'd like a new exhaust system to save some weight, maybe add a little hp, but I don't want to stray too far from the deep throaty sound that the stock exhaust puts out.

Back