Evil Dead remake...anyone see it?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I am a horror buff extraordinaire, but I've grown so tired of getting psyched up over a new scary movie only to be let down again and again and again...

I don't even know the last time I saw a decent scary movie...maybe The Ring over a decade ago??

Did anyone here see Evil Dead, the new one released this past weekend? Any good? And if you think it was good, what other horror movies do you like? If you're one of those that thinks anything by Rob Zombie in the film area is 'awesome', I'd say our tastes differ :laugh:

I'm just sick of wasting my time and money, or have I become so immune to horror, nothing scares me anymore :( It's depressing :banghead:

So, either no one else here likes horror movies or you hate me...

Bots, this is your fault...

I saw it. Your avatar reminds me of it.

:hide:

Bots promised me a moonpie ifn I said it I swear!

So what I'm gathering is that neither of you pansies could stomach the flick...figures...I forgot, this is a Busa site - girlie bikes for everyone! :rofl:

I still love ya girl,and if you remem,I share the same love for horror movies. I too have felt robb'd zombied by movies of late.I always wait for dvd or cable.

RSD.

I still love ya girl,and if you remem,I share the same love for horror movies. I too have felt robb'd zombied by movies of late.I always wait for dvd or cable.

RSD.

Yep, I remember Andy...I figured you'd chime in too :)

It stinks because I love the experience of seeing a really great scary movie on the big screen, but it seems they're all so candy-coated and just plain stupid anymore, I'm almost embarrassed to buy a ticket to see one. I'll even try to lean on rottentomatoes.com, user reviews and then I'll go see one that's been deemed "pretty good" only to see it's stupid as hell :banghead:

I've seen scarier things here on the oRg over the years :rofl:

Didn't you just see Jurassic park on Friday? That movie scared the crap outta Blanca I heard... :whistle:

I think Hollywood is just running out of idea's. So they rehash the same ol' krud year after year. "Friday the 13th Part XXXII,Jason takes a job as a Walmart greeter".

RSD.

Didn't you just see Jurassic park on Friday? That movie scared the crap outta Blanca I heard... :whistle:

I did take my boys to see it in IMAX and 3D, and I'm happy to report that for a 20 year old movie, the special effects are still amazing. I'm a huge Spielberg fan anyway, but it was fun to see it again with my kids...

If that really scared Blanca, I almost feel bad calling him a pansy...almost... :laugh:

Vab's.... Karen is into the same scary movie thing just like you! I usually get roped into watching them with her! I use to watch them all the time as a kid. Now as an adult not as much, because they just seem to suck! Story line is lame and predictable!

Vab's.... Karen is into the same scary movie thing just like you! I usually get roped into watching them with her! I use to watch them all the time as a kid. Now as an adult not as much, because they just seem to suck! Story line is lame and predictable!

Omar offered to go with me, but they're usually so bad, I would rather go alone and deal with the embarrassment of yet another bad horror flick all by myself :rofl:

I almost went Saturday night, then thought about it again last night, while Omar was still in KS. He's on a plane now, heading here, but I just can't bring myself to have him go and sit there wondering "Is this what she likes?" if it stinks :laugh:

i saw it and its good, more gore and more gore, did i mention gore:laugh: ps if your an Army of Darkness fan stay till the very end of the credits.

didnt see it but did watch "Let me in" and "Devil" last year. both scared the crap out of me. both are quality movies. not a huge amount of gore but good horror flics nonetheless.

didnt see it but did watch "Let me in" and "Devil" last year. both scared the crap out of me. both are quality movies. not a huge amount of gore but good horror flics nonetheless.

I hated "Let Me In", but I will admit, "Devil" had some redeeming moments...still not great though :(

Just reminded me that I did enjoy another vampire flick - "30 Days of Night" That was pretty creepy...

Back