Ever see a B King on the road ?

This is how mine is sitting right now. Picking up a Gen3 next weekend and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with this thing. Probably full on drag bike...

Bike1.jpg

Why would you ever get rid of such a great looking and comfortable bike like that?

As I've said before, after over 3 1/2 years of owning a gen2 Busa, riding many others, and not being able to get it as comfortable as a I liked, I traded my gen2 straight up for the Bking...and loved it, zero regrets.
But, after about a year and a half of it, and over 5 years total of big and heavy bikes, I'de really just grown tired of them.
I had no problem making the Bking wheelie, corner, or do whatever I wanted it to. Vs the Busa, that I flat footed with a slightly bent knee, the Bking had my heels off the ground, it's weight, with a higher center of gravity, was much more noticeable than the Busa's, and of course with no fairings, at about 120mph, the wind blast was very strong, seemingly more than other bikes with no fairings I'de ridden. Maybe it was the Bking's bulky shape, maybe it was in my head.
None of these things were major issues either, but enough that I didn't want it as my only motorcycle.
As said, I almost bought another last year, but the difference now being that I had/have the gsxr1k to ride(my favorites).
I class the Bking with the TL1k in that way. Although those 2 bikes have nothing in common, I love them both for specific reasons, but would want them as a 2nd bike to ride, and keeping a much lighter, more flickable 1k as my main ride.
I have come to a more comfortable place in life since then, so the chances of adding another Bking(or a TL) are much more realistic now.
And I'm still pretty set on a gen3, so time will tell.
I've always told anyone that gets a chance to ride a Bking, definately do it, they are great fun, and everyone that rode mine loved it.

As I've said before, after over 3 1/2 years of owning a gen2 Busa, riding many others, and not being able to get it as comfortable as a I liked, I traded my gen2 straight up for the Bking...and loved it, zero regrets.
But, after about a year and a half of it, and over 5 years total of big and heavy bikes, I'de really just grown tired of them.
I had no problem making the Bking wheelie, corner, or do whatever I wanted it to. Vs the Busa, that I flat footed with a slightly bent knee, the Bking had my heels off the ground, it's weight, with a higher center of gravity, was much more noticeable than the Busa's, and of course with no fairings, at about 120mph, the wind blast was very strong, seemingly more than other bikes with no fairings I'de ridden. Maybe it was the Bking's bulky shape, maybe it was in my head.
None of these things were major issues either, but enough that I didn't want it as my only motorcycle.
As said, I almost bought another last year, but the difference now being that I had/have the gsxr1k to ride(my favorites).
I class the Bking with the TL1k in that way. Although those 2 bikes have nothing in common, I love them both for specific reasons, but would want them as a 2nd bike to ride, and keeping a much lighter, more flickable 1k as my main ride.
I have come to a more comfortable place in life since then, so the chances of adding another Bking(or a TL) are much more realistic now.
And I'm still pretty set on a gen3, so time will tell.
I've always told anyone that gets a chance to ride a Bking, definately do it, they are great fun, and everyone that rode mine loved it.
I just figured it would be better suited to your "hoon" style of riding...Hayabusa power in an upright riding position perfect for being a hooligan.....especially how that one was set up too...

I just figured it would be better suited to your "hoon" style of riding...Hayabusa power in an upright riding position perfect for being a hooligan.....especially how that one was set up too...
The wind blast at speed is like Skydiving. I came up on a guy honker down on his bike and passed him sitting up right while waving at him. Now getting my left hand back on the bar took some time. Now I got the new bike top speed runs out of my blood and just do it at the track cause they have EMT if needed.

The wind blast at speed is like Skydiving. I came up on a guy honker down on his bike and passed him sitting up right while waving at him. Now getting my left hand back on the bar took some time. Now I got the new bike top speed runs out of my blood and just do it at the track cause they have EMT if needed.
I had a heavily breathed on 1200 Bandit and even though it was no BKing, it was pretty powerful and the wind blast on that thing was nasty....

However, on the back roads and twisties, it was more fun than a box of puppies....

It is, but once you've ridden a 1k with dirtbike bars, you get the same thing...minus 150lbs, and the high center of gravity.

I had a heavily breathed on 1200 Bandit and even though it was no BKing, it was pretty powerful and the wind blast on that thing was nasty....

However, on the back roads and twisties, it was more fun than a box of puppies....
BirdofPrey aka Mark had a build Bandit back in the day and he could 60ft that thing with a stock swingarm and run in the 5's in the 1/8 he also had a turbo Busa. I haven't seen or talked to Mark in years but he's one hell of a Jockey.

BirdofPrey aka Mark had a build Bandit back in the day and he could 60ft that thing with a stock swingarm and run in the 5's in the 1/8 he also had a turbo Busa. I haven't seen or talked to Mark in years but he's one hell of a Jockey.
That beastie of mine would wheelie at a mere thought...it reminded me of a couple two strokes I had...

Back