B-King left side torpedo

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I just came back from Ultimate Cycle(here in Richmond), they had a couple 08 Busa's and a B-King.

I was looking over the B-Kings engine and saw this torpedo looking thing on the left engine side(near the bottom of the cylinder). I have NOT seen this in any of the online B-King pics.

Salesman told me it was a carbon canister for emission standards, I told him I have not had the left fairing off my 08 Busa but didnt think it was on my engine.

Sorry didnt get and cant find a pic
dunno.gif

here's one I took at Laguna last year but I don't see what you're talking about.

IMG_0667__Medium_.JPG

Bike in your pic doesnt have it, you cant miss it, Ill try to get a pic next time I'm by there. It's strange looking.

There is a carbon canister that looks like what you are describing. I don't know if it's only on certain models or not (like Ca).

probably a CA thing... it just catches vented air from the fuel tank and grabs hold of any hydrocarbons in air.. When you fire up the engine, it "purges" the cannister into the intake system to pull the same HC's out of the cannister..

Only thing it does negative is add a few ounces of weight.. never seen one on a bike myself I guess A.I.R. pumps are next huh?

probably a CA thing... it just catches vented air from the fuel tank and grabs hold of any hydrocarbons in air.. When you fire up the engine, it "purges" the cannister into the intake system to pull the same HC's out of the cannister..

Only thing it does negative is add a few ounces of weight..      never seen one on a bike myself   I guess A.I.R. pumps are next huh?
Salesman also said something about "all" bikes meeting certain standards in 2012, isnt that when the Mayan calendar calls for the end of time?
laugh.gif

I just happened to have taken a pic of that little puppy when i was at the zook shop. Sales guy had no idea what it was. I could not tell either, at first I thought it was a map holder, or a crankcase breather canister. The zx-14 guy that was with me tried to pull the ends off of it but they did not move.

B_King_1.jpg

I just happened to have taken a pic of that little puppy when i was at the zook shop. Sales guy had no idea what it was. I could not tell either, at first I thought it was a map holder, or a crankcase breather canister. The zx-14 guy that was with me tried to pull the ends off of it but they did not move.
Yep, that's it, Good Job Buddy!
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

While we are on the B-King subject, pardon me while I
hijack.gif

What up with the King getting Dunlops and different calipers?

B_King_2.jpg

Robot hope you don't mind me posting a couple more pics/questions on your thread, but it is sorta the same subject.
hijack.gif

What up with the King getting this super stout looking swingarm?

B_King_3.jpg

Only thing it does negative is add a few ounces of weight..      never seen one on a bike myself   I guess A.I.R. pumps are next huh?
Salesman also said something about "all" bikes meeting certain standards in 2012, isnt that when the Mayan calendar calls for the end of time?
laugh.gif
Bike manufacturers are moving to a "50 state" version with the Euro brands already there. Unhappy with conformity the California bureaucrats are now demanding "accelerated" emission standards.
pillepalle.gif

Digital speed-o!! Dang it, I want one of those.

I took several close ups of the B-King if anyone is interested.

B_King_4.jpg

While we are on the B-King subject, pardon me while I  
hijack.gif

What up with the King getting Dunlops and different calipers?
I believe Warchild mentioned (in a previous thread(sorry no link)), that B-Kings brakes were superior to the 08 Busa. He thought it was unusual that this would be the case since Suzuki calls the Busa their "flagship".

Yeah, it's a smog canister and it's there because of CA smog standards, even if you don't buy it in CA. If your Busa has one, it's probably under the right rear cowling.

--Wag--

Back