Newbie B-King owner

maxsgp

Registered
I just got a 08 B-King. Whats the best windscreen or flyscreen set-up? Also I need a black seat cowl as mine came without one. The guy I bought it from got it new and never saw it. Love it so far but need to lower it a bit.

I just got a 08 B-King. Whats the best windscreen or flyscreen set-up? Also I need a black seat cowl as mine came without one. The guy I bought it from got it new and never saw it. Love it so far but need to lower it a bit.

Welcome. Got pics

Sent from mobile device

Sorry to see that you got the slow one!!!:laugh:

I tried the Laminar B-King shield. Better than nothing but since it was attached to the headlight cowl, at high speeds the edges would actually touch the reservoirs. Doesn't do any damage but lowers the shield so much at high speeds that it looses its effectiveness. Better than nothing hower, and very easy to attach. If interested I would make you a good price on mine.

One thing to think of ... most all of the shields available for the B-King attach to the headlight cowl. As a result, they will bounce up-and-down just like the cowl does. Some of them are also are hard to install and require some drilling/cutting!!

If you want a shield that works for the purpose intended, spend the money and get the V-Stream. Search Results. These mount under the handlebar riser. Relatively hard to install (you need three arms) but is very stable.

OH, BTW ... if you haven't guessed by now I've got the silver King so I can't help you with the black seat cowl ... :lol: ................. There is one on Ebay right now: Suzuki B-King Solo Rear Seat Cowl | eBay There may be more - I didn't look beyond this one.

P.S. ... Just a thought here! Most dealers didn't know that all B-Kings were shipped with the seat cowl attached and the solo cowl in a separate package. Perhaps the dealer the original owner purchased it from displayed it with the solo cowl. Might be worth an effort to check back with the dealer and ask them to look for the seat cowl.

CONGRATS on your purchase. You will love the beast!!!

Welcome Glad you got yourself the fast Black one! Avoid the Powerbronze WindScreen I wound up modding mine to be stable using a Sliptream kit. Welcome to the World of "What is That THing?"

Went to the dealer today and he said he couldn't find it. No surprize there. Thanks for the warm welcome. Love the King, handles much better than my 66 inch wb Busa.

:welcome:
I like my vstream, works great. Ya, fleabay easiest to find a back seat, paid 80 bux. Here's a pict with windscreen.
1293402528.jpg

1293402528.jpg

How does that magical windscreen mount? Any drilling of bodywork? Also as an update, I love the B-King, it is so much fun to ride and is very nimble. Oh yes, and the power, wow.

Back