Ever buy something and then the next day...

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
One day you're 15 years old and drooling over a certain toy but it's so expensive it may as well cost a million dollars. You bust your azz off doing yard work, working in a grocery store and saving every penny and you end up buying the lesser cheap version of what you really wanted and it's the most kick azz thing you ever owned but you still can't help thinking about that deluxe model.

20 years pass and one day you're browsing Craigslist and holy crap there it is! It's now stuck in your mind. A few days later you email the guy and ask a few vague questions. A week passes and you decide to ask more questions. Now you're trying to think of reasons to justify buying this thing that will serve no purpose. Next thing you know you're pulling up to the owners house and part of you is hoping it's a POS...damn, it couldn't be more perfect, just as you remembered it. Ok, I'll sort of hit him with a low ball offer...he doesn't like it but his wife says ok.
smile.gif

Let's see if anybody can guess what maxi zoom dweebie thing I bought. I need to go out tomorrow and buy me a pocket protector and calculator watch.
smile.gif

Here's two hints (if you're an 80's kid you should get this one quick).
Devo is a sell out (and I don't mean a concert)
Pop up headlight

smile.gif

an Uzi? (miami vice)

A mini 14 (A-team)

S&W model 29 (Dirty harry)

A rubix cube

Come on, need another hint.

Chris

Nice congrats, didnt Sarah Conner drive one of those before the terminator came after her?
biggrin.gif

Nice congrats, didnt Sarah Conner drive one of those before the terminator came after her?
biggrin.gif
I always wondered what happened to it...is the Azar Big Boy still looking after it?
rock.gif
smile.gif

There was also a chase scene with one in another movie, Better Off Dead maybe?

And in case nobody got the Devo reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to want one of those things bad when i was growin up... my and my friends would ride a couple of honda spree's around the neighborhood until the people would get pissed at us for riding like idiots... on the sidewalks and threw yards... they were fun! I havent seen one of those in years! Good find!!

Back