endo?

samw5

Registered
i was just playing around today and was trying to get the rear wheel to come off on hard braking.

i was trying to apply as much pressure as possible in a very progressive manner.

i tried to do this from 20-30mph.

i'm not sure if I just didn't have enough momentum and the fork would need to be preloaded from a higher speed braking but it didn't seem like the rear would come off at all.
i have a stock front end as well. i had my weight pretty much shifted to the tank (short of being on it).

ended up the session with a front wheel lock... needless to say that got me from stopping to f**k around for the day!

oh and I have the stock front rubber on.

All i can tell ya bro is be careful and grab som brake hard the release once the back end is up.

I forsee an bike dropping incident in your future... ;)

If you can afford to drop the bike, I would try that on a lighter cheaper bike.

You need to have your speed up, so when the back wheel comes up you travel forward and not over.
When you apply the brake you bounce with your weight forward to help the back wheel come up

The guys doing the "stoppies" give it a boost much like the "wheelie" of an underpowered bike. They also have big bucks invested in steering dampers..

Doing this on a busa? such a waste...(of good plastic)
smile.gif

thanks for the tips... i just wanted to give it a shot (I was actually testing hard braking rather than anything else) and since I've seen it done I figured I'd give it a try.
I suppose I was expecting it to be easier to at least get it off the ground by an inch or so.

I'll probably leave it at that, now knowing the bike will stay planted pretty much no matter what!

"Seen it done," is not the same as doing it! Take the above advice, implied and explicit, and learn how to do it on some other, much less expensive bike. You can buy a small bike for as much money as you're going to spend if you rash up your Busa.

--Wag--

Don't really understand WANTING to endo,or wheelie for that matter on the 'Busa.It's tendency to not do those thing's is one of my likes about the bike.
lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif

(black06 @ Sep. 25 2007,14:24) Don't really understand WANTING to endo,or wheelie for that matter on the 'Busa.It's tendency to not do those thing's is one of my likes about the bike.
lurk.gif

all_coholic.gif
+1, That's one of the reasons I bought mine, if I wated to endo and wheelie I would have a GSXR 600 or 750

Things to consider when trying to do a "stoppie" on the Busa.

It is a heavy bike. since it is heavy the following issues are to be considered.

1) Harder to get the rear wheel in the air, and if and when you do, probably going to be harder to control.

2) The heavyness of the Busa is going to crush your stock forks (wont actually "crush" them. but it is going to put a lot of stress on them.

3) Due to the heavyness of the busa, if you are not able tto gently put the rear down gradually (which will be hard to do) you might start causing excessive stress on the frame which could cuase it to crack.

Having your bike break in two some day due tto excessive stress while normal riding would not be a good thing

Anyway, like others said I would recommend getting a smaller lighter bike to play with, stoppies and wheelies are fun but the busa just isnt built for that type of fun (in my opinion for what it is worth)

#1 priority for me when I bought the bike-

BUY BETTER TIRES!!
smile.gif

I bought Qualifiers, then put on EBC HH sintered pads, then stainless brake lines.

THEN practiced low-speed braking, pulled about a 3-6 inch stoppie and called it good.
super.gif
I'm talking slowing down for a stop sign or light with no traffic around, just as you're in that last 20-50 feet lean on it, at worst you'll wind up stopping short and bumping it up to the intersection. Key word NO TRAFFIC.

Mostly it's the tire, get any one of the top three you've seen talked about on here and get it warm and it will pick up the rear before it slides. This will teach you how hard you can brake in an emergency before the rear comes off the ground. Get new rubber, it's easier in a straight line to deal with a light rear end than a locked front tire.
crazy.gif

Back