Empty Nest Syndrome

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
Since our son has married and moved out the wife and I have decided to explore our wild side a little.
I have wanted to try skydiving for years and since my nephew got his AFF here LINKY
I will be trying it VERY soon.

My wife wants to go hang gliding and we saw an advertisement In Chattanooga the last time we were there and are going for our 20th anniversary in June. LINKY 2

Anyone here that has done or does either please feel free to give advice or suggestions.

I would love to skydive. I have a bunch of static line jumps from being in the army and I would go the whole AFF route but it is an expensive hobby.

Last edited:
Life insurance..

LOTS of life insurance..

It will be much more risky by the numbers to ride your hayabusa to the drop zone....

Looks like the only offer a tandum jump.... maybe you can find a school that offers a true free fall experience... Skydiving , Parachuting Grand Bend Ontario
I did it for my 40th bday and my daughter and i did it on her 16th bday.
You will love it.
If you are going to the bash there is an Indoor vertical windtunnel near by.
That was a lot of fun..... and cheap.120 Mph. Wind - Indoor Sky Diving Experience - Video

this is the one in TN.
Flyaway Indoor Skydiving : Home

Last edited:
My father used to hang glide in his younger days and I remember going to watch. It looked like a lot of fun but dangerous at the same time. Very peaceful up there. He had some turkey vultures fly with him for about 30 minutes right under his wing tip one time. I remember going to some of the tournaments and just watching in awe as some of the pilots would come spiraling out of the sky and doing loops and such. I did however see a few crashes though. Not a pretty outcome. We also had a trike for one of my dad gliders that we used to drive up and down the street. It had a 500cc two stroke dirt bike engine on it and a huge prop. That thing would go about 70 or 80 mph and only had 10speed brakes on it. It wasn't fun trying to start it either. Back the prop up to a compression stroke and give it a spin. Hope you got your fingers out of the way fast enough cuz it would wack your knuckles pretty good. I don't know if I would do it though. I prefer the ground based fun things. I don't even like getting on a plane. But go out and have some fun with your wife now. Try lots of things. Live!!

Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? I'm to sceered of hieghtsfor that. Ya'll have fun.:thumbsup:

Why?

-No Such thing as a perfectly good Airplane!
-The door was open!

My wife and I have jumped at Cullman several times over the years; several of our friends make that their home DZ. Curly and his staff will do you a great job. They are a great bunch of people you'll have a blast. Tandem is the route you want to take. If you like the tandem and want to progress, there will be some options on where you want to go from there.

Have a great time and BLUE SKIES! Make sure and buy the video (bragging rights and you can post here via youtube!)

Last edited:
Very nice live and let live now that you can enjoy a bit, but don't forget about thise future grandchidren. It will be nice for them to see you so active.

Relax, enjoy yourself.
Pretty soon you will get used to being without children at home and your biggest fear will be that they might move back.:rofl:

I fly powered parachutes its the cats ass, some friends of mine owned and operated buckeye powered chuttes for several years in argos Indiana, and I used to help test fly them, now I fly 2 that are owned by friends, as I cant afford my own nor do i have the land for take off and landings anymore...Buckeye Powered Parachutes

image686.jpg

imageOMU.jpg

imageSHU.jpg

imageIFM.jpg

I fly powered parachutes its the cats ass, some friends of mine owned and operated buckeye powered chuttes for several years in argos Indiana, and I used to help test fly them, now I fly 2 that are owned by friends, as I cant afford my own nor do i have the land for take off and landings anymore...Buckeye Powered Parachutes

I've been wanting to do that, but I'd like the backpack model. My dad's got a farm with an airstrip on it so I have the perfect place to takeoff and land....

Why?

-No Such thing as a perfectly good Airplane!
-The door was open!

My wife and I have jumped at Cullman several times over the years; several of our friends make that their home DZ. Curly and his staff will do you a great job. They are a great bunch of people you'll have a blast. Tandem is the route you want to take. If you like the tandem and want to progress, there will be some options on where you want to go from there.

Have a great time and BLUE SKIES! Make sure and buy the video (bragging rights and you can post here via youtube!)

Like I said that is my nephews home drop zone. I will definitely do the tandem jump first. If I like it as much as I am scared I will the next step will be AFF. As far as the video it will all depend if I am grinning ear to ear or crying. It may go in the vault to never see daylight again.:laugh:

Like I said that is my nephews home drop zone. I will definitely do the tandem jump first. If I like it as much as I am scared I will the next step will be AFF. As far as the video it will all depend if I am grinning ear to ear or crying. It may go in the vault to never see daylight again.:laugh:

Either way, you are gonna have a blast.

I may have jumped with your nephew then. Let me know when you are scheduled I might ride down there and go up with you!

Either way, you are gonna have a blast.

I may have jumped with your nephew then. Let me know when you are scheduled I might ride down there and go up with you!

I absolutely will let you know. Right now I am planning on the 1st weekend in May. Trying to set it up so that my nephew can go as well. By the way his name is Patrick Whitlock. When I know for sure when we are going I will shoot you a PM.:beerchug:

Back