Electronic cruise should be here tomorrow. Anyone need a specific pic of the install?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I will be starting another install of an all electric Cruise control this week. I am going from the vacuum model to the Rostra. I have installed 2 of these before and after I get it all together ther are always a lot of questions and request for pics... Before I got too deep on this I was curious if there was anyone that needed to know or get a pic of anything specific?

let me know...

cap

You should wait and install it at the bash so I can watch. :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Re: Electronic cruise should be here tomorrow. Anyone need a specific pic of the inst

I'm planning on installing the Rostra kit in the next few weeks as well.

I'm reasonably confident my ability to install it, but no doubt, if you could share your mistakes, and candid
thoughts, we will all be less likely to make the same ones.

I'm what we call a "Hands On" kinda guy!

Re: Electronic cruise should be here tomorrow. Anyone need a specific pic of the inst

Definitely.... a "How To" would be awesome....:thumbsup:

wish i was a little closer, i could at least hand you the tools :laugh:

Captain, if you have time you should do a vacuum to electric cruise write up. This way we would have all the bases covered for the thousands of people interested in this cruise control unit. With the vacuum write up I did, the electric twotonevert did and then your write up which is a switch that would cover all the scenarios.

Or, to simplify the change you could just list the pieces that need to be swapped or replaced on the vacuum to get the electronic to work. For example...

1. remove existing vacuum canister and servo
2. leave the control unit in place (if used in electric version)

etc...

Is there a reason your going to electric from vacuum? Going to get one of these systems this summer and wanted to make sure to get the "better" one.

Back