Cruise control

bigoltool

Registered
So I tried to install my NEP cruise control on my new Hayabusa yesterday and it was way too thick to work with the throttle housing. I went to the bike shop and tried 3 different NEP models and one Vista cruise model and all were too thick to work without causing interference. I know some of you must have cruise controls can anyone tell me what measures you went to? I would love to get a Throttlemeister but I have other things that need to be done first. Priorities you know!

Tool - I tried my hardest to try and get this to work. I've had the Vista Cruise on quite a few past motorcycles, can't beat $17. After several hours of dremmel tool and metal file, taking off all that excess plastic on the throttle grip, plus shaving the Vista Cruise a bit thinner- I still couldn't get it to work. Basically, couldn't get the Vista Cruise to squeeze the throttle enough to keep it from rotating back. If you get it to work, let me know. I plain gave up and sprung the $117 for the Throttlemeister.

throttle1-475.jpg

I've used the Universal Vista Cruise on several bikes and they work good . The Vista for 7/8" bars fit my '05 LE straight out of the box perfectly .

I rode to my local shop and tried 3 different models of the NEP, and one of the Vistacruise. None worked. I think Pashnit (great site by the way) nailed it. Without reinventing the nylon style options I am thinking the Throttlemeister is inevitable at this point. Where is the best place to buy them? Thanks for the input!

Make by Marker Machine out of Milwaukee
smile.gif

http://www.throttlemeister.com/ <--- Get it direct, had mine in a couple days

Marker Machine Inc. 5240 North 124 St .Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53225-2999Phone: 414-464-6060Fax: 414-464-9423Hours 8:00 AM -- 4:00 PM Central

Electronic Cruise is the way to go! www.mccruise.com . US dealer is Ron Soucy, AUS man is Tony Guymer. I have one on my ZX11 that was custom wired to fit, but they have a universal kit now for all bikes. Works like the one on your car...uphill, downhill...the speed stays constant. They are a little pricey though! And LED brakelights tend to be tricky. You have to add a resistor to the brake light.

Back