Built in cruise control

Glyn

Donating Member
Registered
Need a temporary relief for your throttle hand???

The "choke" lever is really just a fast idle control. If you lift up the gas tank and adjust it to hold a higher speed, say 4k, you can dial up the "choke" lever to mantain crusing speed.

Just be careful on start up, it will not have to be opened all the way anymore. Also be sure to leave enough slack so the true idle speed is not affected when you are not using your new cruise control.

Cool idea!
cool.gif

25 cent , cruise control.

hit the hardware store, buy a 25 cent O-Ring that will fit snuggly between yer throttle tube an' bar end.

Keep O-ring on the end of the tube, when you want "Cruz" roll it off with yer pinky into the gap.

In an emergency, just twist throttle closed.

hav a cheap 1.....RSD.

I guess, either sound scary. My reason being ~ do you really want to be that comfortable cruzin' on a sportbike. I think it would eventually soften one's reflexes. Just a couple pennies at ya.

OK,  it seems we need to clarify here.

This is ment for a temporary reliev, usually when you are on the highway, not in heavy traffic. Or even moderate traffic.

You can allways pull the clutch to give a quick disconnect, as 4k unloaded is not going to hurt your moter for the few seconds it would take to push the fas idle lever back after your hair raising experience.

If I may point out, an O ring might require you to manually turn the throttle to a closed position, EVERY TIME. Cuz you know someone will forget to pull it off. Maybe Darwin was right though !?

But that is also a very good idea, thanks RSD

But then you have to buy the O ring
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094274082 -->

I guess, either sound scary. My reason being ~ do you really want to be that comfortable cruzin' on a sportbike. I think it would eventually soften one's reflexes. Just a couple pennies at ya.
deffinately makes ya slow an' stoopid....just like in a car.

I agree Ger .

I use the Throttle Boss on long hauls....yer hand has to be on there, if it comes off rpm drops to idle, takes the edge off on those long rides thou.

Fast Idle fix
O-rings
throttle tube clamp type
electronic type
etc etc....

they're all fuggin' dangerous .

I for one have started to use only my left hand to masturbate...saving all the strength in my right for the throttle.

good idea right.....? RSD.

Pretty good ideas by all. I agree that the clutch is usually the first line of defense, but most good riders will look at killing the ignition in a quick emergency which kinda makes the idea of using the fast idle switch seem more appealing. Just my .02.

Brian

Back