DIY cruise control?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
A buddy of mine has a TLR1000 and he's tinkered with the choke to make a DIY cruise control. He thinks the Busa's choke fast idle, whatever is similar to his TLR. If it is, and we can get it to act like a cruise, is there any reason not to, beside the safety aspect, I just mean for the health of the bike. We're gonna take a peek at it tonight and see what the deal is, just wanted some feedback in the idea.

Smellphone via Forum Runner

I did it last summer when I couldn't afford true Cruise and it was ok. Was good up to about 60 didn't have enough to do highway speeds though.

All it is on a busa is a fast idle control, it opens the throttle because its not carbed. Wouldnt it be easier to use a throttle lock?

twotonevert said:
All it is on a busa is a fast idle control, it opens the throttle because its not carbed. Wouldnt it be easier to use a throttle lock?

Idk, I was.gonna look into an O-ring to slip in between the bar end and the throttle, just thought Id look into the fast idle idea too.

Idk, I was.gonna look into an O-ring to slip in between the bar end and the throttle, just thought Id look into the fast idle idea too.

Let me know if you go that route, I've got about a million of those freakin' o-rings laying around from before I bought the Throttlemeister.

I'll ship you a few.

??? TLR with a cruise... My TLR didn't have cruise but all I had to do is adjust my idler which is on the left side of the tank in plain sight. Turn it up a couple of turns- REDNECK CRUISE:laugh:

In the second pic (if you can see it) the idler in between the frame and tank.

0206_keaton.jpg

bikepics-365041-full.jpg

Let me know if you go that route, I've got about a million of those freakin' o-rings laying around from before I bought the Throttlemeister.

I'll ship you a few.

do you know of where to order the new rubber piece for the grip on the throttle meister mines tore

??? TLR with a cruise... My TLR didn't have cruise but all I had to do is adjust my idler which is on the left side of the tank in plain sight. Turn it up a couple of turns- REDNECK CRUISE:laugh:

In the second pic (if you can see it) the idler in between the frame and tank.

oh how i want a tlr i love those bikes

Frog,

I think ChattanoogaBusa has a set of Throttlemeisters for sale. I took the ones I had on my 06 and have them on my 09 now so his should work on yours. Just an option.

BusaBret said:
Frog,

I think ChattanoogaBusa has a set of Throttlemeisters for sale. I took the ones I had on my 06 and have them on my 09 now so his should work on yours. Just an option.

That would be ideal, but I'm poor at the moment, so tryin to vet this done for cheap to get me to the Bash without a claw hand :laugh:

card16969 said:
do you know of where to order the new rubber piece for the grip on the throttle meister mines tore

Contact Throttlemeister directly or pm Pashnit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Fastfrog007 said:
That would be ideal, but I'm poor at the moment, so tryin to vet this done for cheap to get me to the Bash without a claw hand :laugh:

Give me your address, ill send you my old throttlemeister. Had it on the bike for awhile. Hardly used it. Couple scrapes here and there. But does the job....just hook-a-brother up when you make it big.

Give me your address, ill send you my old throttlemeister. Had it on the bike for awhile. Hardly used it. Couple scrapes here and there. But does the job....just hook-a-brother up when you make it big.

AMAZING OFFER!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks man, Ill deff hook ya up. But, I wont be needing it, It looks like we can do lil work down by the throttle bodies and use the fast idle as a cruise. Ill get a thread up on how once we get it all sorted and machine a sleeve.

I used to use the choke as cruise on low speeds when I had my gen I, will be nice to see you making it better :thumbsup:

Fastfrog007 said:
AMAZING OFFER!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks man, Ill deff hook ya up. But, I wont be needing it, It looks like we can do lil work down by the throttle bodies and use the fast idle as a cruise. Ill get a thread up on how once we get it all sorted and machine a sleeve.

Sweeeeet

yo FastFrog, i would deffly take up on the throttlemister's being offered by Busa186. Safety wise, God forbid some happens on the road, its easier to whack the throttlemister's while going for the brake and clutch levers.

My bike had a 3/4" black rubber band on the bar end when I got it. Along with (over top of) an o-ring, it works pretty good in a pinch. The o-ring I am using came out of the variety pack from horrible-frieght. :thumbsup:

Back