Electrical Accessory Mod

Nice work, does that wig wag (backoff) just blink side to side?

I hear people here in Va getting in trouble for impersonating an emergency vehicle.

Righteous!
super.gif

(heavybusa @ Mar. 01 2007,08:39) Nice work, does that wig wag (backoff) just blink side to side?

I hear people here in Va getting in trouble for impersonating an emergency vehicle.
No, this isn't the wig wag unit. This is the "backoff" unit and it also works with LED lighting. I have it set up so that when I hit any brake, the brake light flashes 5 times to warn those behind that I'm stopping. It then goes to solid. Hit it again and another 5 flashes and goes to solid.
cool.gif

Here is an update on the fuse block I bought, but have not yet installed.

It is a painless wiring unit. Has 7 fused circuits controlled by two relays so it is switched on with the ignition. They make several other versions. It has a 4’ wiring harness.

fuse_relay.gif

With the undertail, that would have to be mounted elsewhere. Helluva idea though.

(bacharles @ Mar. 28 2007,00:36) With the undertail, that would have to be mounted elsewhere.  Helluva idea though.
I ended up mounting mine in the same place. Looked for other locations and could not come up with any. I'll see if I can get some pictures tonight. I've been wiring on it for days now!

This post was great for generating ideas for me to do things right from the get go.  I put in the GDO mod and Hot Grips with Heat-Troller and took the opportunity to put in the relay and fuse box. Turned out great and I am ready to add new accessories simply by adding a fuse and a wire.

I think I need that TomTom rider if my wife would let me.
biggrin.gif

Thanks to all who submitted info & pictures. It was very helpful. I don't have any pics yet to share.

(Learjett @ Jan. 24 2007,18:14) And .....

IMG_1086.jpg

More stuff back here

IMG_1087.jpg
Does your anti hi-jack work well? I have a hard time just arming and disarming sometimes unless I'm right up on the bike..But the remote seems to recieve alerts fine, just have trouble transmitting..

Actually it worked very well. However, I've disconnected it because I orginally wired it into the orange/white ignition wire and the thing moved my limiter to 8500 rpms! This has happened to others who have hooked it up like I did. When I disconnected it, my limiter went back to normal rpms. I can hook the think up to my fuel pump or somewhere else but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Back