Electric gear

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
Well after freezing my a$$ off Saturday morning (33°) I'm in the market for an electric vest and some long underwear, and possibly socks too. I have a 12V accessory outlet on the Busa. I'm not sure where to shop for this stuff, how it works or anything. If you could point me in the right direction (maybe post up some pictures) I'd appreciate it.

I don't own any of this stuff but heres a link Gloves, etc. to Gerbing.
I needs some glove's bad.
Widder (?) also makes the electric stuff...........

I use the Gerbing's heated jacket liner and gloves. It comes with a plug that you hook up to your battery for power. The plug comes out between the seat and tank.

The jacket's worked very well down to 8 degrees so far for a commute to work. The gloves aren't quite as good (well I can ride with them but my fingers are numb when I get to work). I installed heated grips which will hopefully fix that problem. We'll find out this winter.

I haven't felt the need for heated pants or socks (both available) since my cold weather riding is pretty typically riding to work more than anything. I have extra thick socks for the coldest mornings and I haven't had a problem with them so far.

Carl

Don't know your size, but I have some new electric gear on the auction site up for bid with a killer reserve price.

I currently have the Dual Star heated grips and an old Eclipse Electric Vest. Both are excellent products! The Grips I use practically every day and love! The enable me to ride with my Held Akira Gloves practically year round and not freeze doing so. The vest is great if it happens to fit (mine doesn’t) your physique! It has a nice Corduroy collar that works fine if your riding jacket has the spare room for it. I had actually been thinking of selling the Eclipse vest and upgrading to a Gerbing Vest with no collar.

I bought Widder vest and arm chaps for 60% off in June at my dealership.
super.gif
(Audible "POP" from elbow patting self on back)

Vest is awesome, chaps I have not needed yet down to 40 degrees at 80 MPH. It is amazing how keeping core heat up helps all over. My bike has been such a bun toaster I'm not sure if I'll need any electric under pants, a layer of silk under a layer of expedition-weight polypropylene under my Fuel pants works at 40. I am looking at the gloves, cold hands SUCK. Wool socks under gore-tex Alpinestars keep feet warm.

I got the heated gloves by widder.
Best thing I ever bought. Hands never get cold even in 10 degree weather.

Back