Ecu Again

busafan08

Registered
I replied to a some previous tread stating that it costs about $450 dollars for a reflash and a dyno tune at the same time in Melbourne Australia for my 08 with yoshi slip on s and a DNA air filter well I was wrong its more like $900 :( To flash the ECU they charge $275 I don t really want to spend $900 dollars on my bike at the moment my question is if at some stage I only get the ECU flashed only no dyno tune would there be a notable difference in how the bike will perform for the better or worse thanks :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes you should notice a difference. Better throttle response plus they can turn off sensors, raise rev limiters, lower the temperature the fan turns on, and several other things.

Having the ecu flashed is worth doing.
$275 is awful, as it's $50 in the U.S
I'de pay $275 if that was my only option.
I'de look for a used Ecu Editor on ebay and do it yourself.
Would be cheaper, and is easy to do.
As all you're doing is clicking a few boxes. It's not dyno tuning, that's the part that takes skill.
No air/fuel should ever be touched by anyone without a dyno or datalogger either.

^^ Agree. I just got one and I couldn't be happier. I can play around with different flashes, and tune things myself without paying $50-$100 a pop per ECU flash. I'm looking into a datalogger so I can do some tuning once I get my nitrous sorted out. Still probably not as good as a full dyno tune by a pro, but worth saving $$ from having to get a new tune every time I want to swap parts around (which is every other week).

$275 is more than the ECU interface and free software lol. Just buy it yourself and get to clicking.

UNLESS the $275 is not for a flash, but is for an actual tune. $275 for a dyno tune is not bad at all.

Back