Ebay fairings

Itsxthexslim

Registered
So I'm thinking bout getting complete new body work for my gen1. I was looking on eBay and saw a few. But I was scared a Lil about fitment. Now today I went to my buddy house because he just bought some from bliss star express on eBay. He says shipping was a Lil longer than he was told but not terrible. He has a R1 and when I saw it. Looked absolutely perfect. No offsetting gaps in plastics no paint issues nothing at all and he said he didn't have to modify anything for fitment. Looked like factory plastics. His only issue was and he said he didn't Care was when he contacted bliss star about shipping time. They apologized and also sent him a new windscreen and factory stickers. Windscreen Did not fit and decals were not his color liking. But like I said he didn't Care one bit about it so he put his stock screen back on. I saw some I liked but the prices were 700 to 1400. His didn't come with tank cover. I read a couple reviews some good some bad. Guy with a gsxr1000 said plastics were great fit but tank cover had a gap on gas tank cap. PIC he showed was terrible but noticeable . He purchased those from bliss star back in 2010. If I remember correctly. I read one on here can't recall when it was gotta find it but he had a couple fitment issues were mods needed to be done to work but not complained to much bout it on his busa. Any suggestions or resent purchase from members who used bliss star recently and can vouche for them. I don't want to get them then have a problem where I have to Send back or need to modify. I can't swing What I really want which is carbon fiber and I think OEM in perfect to near perfect condition is out my price range.

From what I've read it's a coin toss, some are perfect and some can't be used

Dado is right.....

The bottom line is you get what you pay 4 :whistle:

Certain pieces will fit great and look good and others won't. They are cheaper 4 a reason so keep that in mind. Also just know that these fairings don't flex and bend like the OEM fairings they crack.... Hold an OEM fairing and then pick up a knock off and you will see a feel a distinct difference.

I hear that. I just don't wanna go and throw away money. And I haven't been getting any offers on Whats on bike now it's hard to make up difference price wise

You have OEM fairings.... ride it as is till you can truly get what U want. No sense in settling and selling yourself short in regards 2 what you really want. If you didn't have fairings @ all then it would be a different story but you do so make the most of what U have now

Back