Ebay fairing protector bobbins

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have experience with these? I don't want to cut my fairing for protectors...

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hayabusa-GSXR1300R-GOLD-FAIRING-PROTECTOR-BOBBINS_W0QQitemZ110079724385QQihZ001QQcategoryZ
10066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Linky to bobbins</a>

That was my thinking... I was hoping someone might have some first hand experience though...

I thought about it once, and I ran in to one of them in DC bike nite or some...but, when its on there? looks okay...but, far as protecting? I wouldn't give too much credits for...
all_coholic.gif

i recall someone saying they had them and they didnt do shid when their bike fell over. Dunno, maybe its a twisted memory recall
rock.gif

Save the money, there's some better options out there

Save your money and get the "no-cut" ones. I got from Street 'n Track. Pretty pricey, but, I just couldn't bring myself to cut my plastic.

I've heard those will just snap off. Cutting the plastics is easy Ben especially if Paul helps you.
beerchug.gif

(monster @ Jan. 22 2007,07:42) I've heard those will just snap off.  Cutting the plastics is easy Ben especially if Paul helps you.  
beerchug.gif
With my future plans, cutting and/or dropping are not options...
biggrin.gif

Big things are planned for this in the near future.
lurk.gif

Sliders helped some. This was a carbon fiber slider. note the broken top, where the aluminum finish ring sat! Don't waste your money on cute bobbins.

bike_wreck_021_sm.JPG

You are better off just not doing anything.

After all once you drop it as you are dragging you hand in a corner its going to slide down a hill any way.
firedevil.gif

dont waste your money. I had a pair of magic mushrooms and thay are crap!!! I watched one bounce aff into the sunset when I had my spill. Just save the money and buy real frame slidders.

Josh

Yamahor

I have these on my bike but I only did for looks (gold bobbins) and I wasn't ready to cut my fairing on an 06LE for the first riding season. Now that it's 07 and I gotten over the newest of cutting and modifying anything on it, now it's time I do what I want to it. I just wanted to give my bike at one year or one riding season in stock form. This way I could really study and get great info on aftermark parts I want to add.

Back