Anybody got one

Cipher Complete

Registered
Sorry if this is a repost.  Anybody got one, did you get it from these guys?

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/SUZUKI-Hayabusa-Engine-Slider-Crash-Protector-GSXR_W0QQitemZ280066996119QQihZ018QQcategory
Z35232QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280066996119" target="_blank">Click Me</a>

For what its worth I went with the Woodcraft

DSC02643.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the shipping from Oz is like $35 or $40 bucks. It seems to be a nice piece though.

Thats expensive , seen same ones cheaper. Many guys use them ,check out pictures of GUCLU bike .He has same one.

Dont know if they been real world tested.

These have. They work great. Little more pricy, but
P6300117.jpg

This is what I use and from the lQQks of it a few ptheres also.

Link for Woodcraft.

The Final decision is up to you, so check around and see what the racers are using. Granted, the one you posted is cheaper and easier (less hassle) to mount.  With the Woodcraft I dont have to worry about it cracking on impact and smashing into  the thin stock case cover busting it and leaving me stranded on the roadside.
The Woodcraft is a much heavier case cover than the stock cover. It alone without the included replaceable skid plant will withstand a lowside and can also be replace for a couple of dollars.
I bought two skid plates (gold and black)when I ordered mine, just in case.
DSC02186.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

GUCLU runs one on one of his Busa's. Not sure if it's the same brand. Looks good though.

I would think with the spacers and the longer bolts used to install it would make it very weak. Not really sure if it would actually hold up in a spill, but it looks nice. I would go with the Woodcraft or another billet model. Just my $0.02
beerchug.gif

(GriffBM @ Jan. 05 2007,06:32) I would think with the spacers and the longer bolts used to install it would make it very weak. Not really sure if it would actually hold up in a spill, but it looks nice. I would go with the Woodcraft or another billet model. Just my $0.02
beerchug.gif
+1

I was reading on one of the bike sites, I don't remember where, that there was some problems during a serious crash with the long bolts damaging the case. I think they said the skid plate hangs up and gets yanked off? Looks like it would be fine for low speed or parking lot tip overs.

I think I'd rather spend more and get the Woodcraft myself?

Back