aftermarket fairings

papi_ocho

Registered
How much would u pay for a used set?
Got a guy selling a set... In decent shape.. with the gas tank.. for 5bills

He picked all this stuff already painted with gas tank for his 04 bus. Didn't like the fitment so he's selling.

The gas tank is in pretty good shape. They are all the same from 99 to 07. Correct me if I'm wrong...

He isn't planning on useing them at all.

How much should I offer if anything at all.

Key notes:
I want to wrap my bike in cheep vinale.. themed by my chruch essentialy a rolling billboard... what I don't want to do is damage beyond use my factory panels. And I will only be with this church till December.. so nothing that can't be undone..

I'm open to suggestions...

I frequent car shows with my car.. so I would love to start showing the bike too. Creating exposure.
Posted via Mobile Device

Allot of times most of the after market fairing have poor fitment issues but for what you want to do they should be OK. Just remember to put some of the Heat Tape on the fairings to avoid burning the plastics.

99-00 tanks are different than 01-07. you're getting aftermarket panels that dont fit to show off your bike at shows ? very likely to look worse than a stock busa, doesnt make much sense to me ...

- Kons

If he had problems with fitment, I would not buy them, especially if you are planning on taking it to car shows. The bad fitment issues will be even worse when you wrap the bike in vinyl. People at car shows will be looking at it really close and if you are promoting your church with your bike you will want it too look it's best! Good luck in making your decision.

All valid points.. if I wrap my factory stuff.. the theme will not be church related.. idk.. maybe Sunday I,ll take my bike over and mock up the panels on my bike

And heat tape: got it
Posted via Mobile Device

Back