Aftermarket Fairing Kit

JonnySkidmarks

Registered
From reading a few different posts I take it that the general feeling toward the aftermarket fairing kits for sale on ebay and a few other sites is that they're not the best quality because they're not OEM and fitment issues. I'm just wondering what the best way to go is. I want the look of a new custom paint job without the price. The aftermarket kits range from $500-$900 with shipping, a new paint job is about $1000 more than that and with the kit I would still have all my original fairings. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

i just had to replace mine because on my recent fall.....they cost me about 2k from the dealership....they came painted with decals and didn't have to worry about anything..just hearing from everyone on here, don't get the aftermarket ones...just my two cents:thumbsup:

I myself would not buy the aftermarket ones after seeing first hand what they fit like, The paint job was flashy and looked good from a distance but we just couldnt get past the fitment.

If your still going for the Nice look I would either go with a new paint job ( Yeah it cost more ) OR check into having it wrapped, I think its cheaper and you can still get what you want.

ive been needing to replace my right fairing for a while now, and ive thought about goin with a aftermarket set since the rt side alone from suzuki is 600 bucks. but im afraid of the "you get what you pay for" to bite me in the azz. maybe someone who has actualy used em will chime in on their feedback.

wow...those suck! was he able to send em back or did he just get screwed all the way around? where did those come from?

ive been needing to replace my right fairing for a while now, and ive thought about goin with a aftermarket set since the rt side alone from suzuki is 600 bucks. but im afraid of the "you get what you pay for" to bite me in the azz. maybe someone who has actualy used em will chime in on their feedback.

You should be able to get an OEM (Gen I anyhow) fairing for closer to $440-475 depending on the year/color.

'06 blue/silver...ive only been finding them for around 620. where else should i be looking? i thought about buying a used one, but i'd have to paint and that wouldnt save me any cash either.

Our sponsor, Motor Sports Super Store, should be about 26% off retail. It looks like list is 640. so about 473. Give them a yell and ask for the H.org discount. You are going to add $50 sales tax local. They are light shipping should be under $20 and you avoid sales tax.

MY buddy bough an ebay fairing kit for his 01 ZX6r when someone dumped it on him.

Anyway it took time to fit it right all holes has to be redrilled as the holes were small. With some figiting they fit pretty good but not perfect. The paintwork was very good but the sticker package looked a little childish.

I would use them on a inexpensive bike I dont care about or to keep on your bike so you can store the stock bodywork to keep it pristine

My bike came with HK knock offs and I was happy enough with fit and finish that I just replaced the side panels with new HK fairings because the old ones were scratched and cracked from a drop. The old ones also didn't have any heat shield so there was a little paint that started to lift around the opening nearest the exhaust. The new ones came with ample heat shielding. The fit on the new ones is pretty good actually, probably not quite OEM, but good enough for me certainly. I chose not get the decals put on under the clearcoat, instead I got a set of reflective 3M Kanji. No gaps anywhere BTW. :thumbsup:
Got some replacement parts for my CBR1100xx too, but have not fitted them yet.

newfairings1.jpg
newfairings2.jpg

Man! That's awesome! I've been debating on whether to get these HK guys for the last few years. Now that I seem them on the bike - I'm doin' it! FYI - I spoke to some of these guys. They'll do your tank in the same paint scheme for $30 extra. But you have to pay the shipping of course. :-)

Thanks for sharing!!
:beerchug:

Man! That's awesome! I've been debating on whether to get these HK guys for the last few years. Now that I seem them on the bike - I'm doin' it! FYI - I spoke to some of these guys. They'll do your tank in the same paint scheme for $30 extra. But you have to pay the shipping of course. :-)

Thanks for sharing!!
:beerchug:
Great!

I didn't know about the tank thing, but I can only imagine what 2 way international shipping for a tank would be, I'd guess close to $200 total. If it weren't for that, then I would have loved them to paint the tank and the top of my Corbin smuggler on my VFR800 to match the Red/White/Blue anniversary fairings they sell.

Mine are custom painted aftermarkets...

Kinda like those blocker girls.. From a block away they look great:laugh:

I'm doing the paint on my stockers(came with the bike) this winter cause the fit on em is crap, they rattle on the fasteners, the joints dont come together well etc.

I got mine from fastfairing.com..They came in 3days and fits just like the factory ones...I had one small flaw on the nose where it looks like the packaging rubbed off the clear coat...Mine is the black and maroon BUSA...2nd pic shows my custom seat.

2%20bussas.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

Mine cleared customs in SF on the 1st so I'm hoping to see it soon, will post pix then.
BTW, if you want the contact info for the guy who makes the 3M reflective kanji decals, just let me know. I even got him to make me some that are slanted differently for each side this time. Can't wait to put it all together.

Any updates on the aftermarket skins? This thread ended in 2011 and now in 2020 I hope they might be a lot better by now?...

Back