East side of our country

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
To me this posting is general bike related so I hope our admin leaves it here. I just got back to Reno after 2 wks. in Wash DC(Smithsonian, WH and Capitol tours with family, etc.) and touring the great state of Virginia(wife has some family property on south end).
We in the West admittedly have unreal roads to ride and our history of posted pictures attest to that. Many times in the past after posting some pics, however, someone from back East posts stuff like, "you guys got all the twisties" and, " I'm jealous", of course it's all in fun but the thought is still being made. What I'm trying to work up to is, I just saw some of the most beautiful, unused biker roads in my life in Virginia! It was wonderful to explore, with my family, these well surfaced windy Blue Ridge roads in a new Chrysler 300 Touring Edition with 1500 miles on it(wifey let me upgrade!) but OMG did I want my Busa!
The point is, I never want to hear any sniveling from anyone in or around VA about how great we have it out West! The Shenandoah Valley is like Camelot! And I saw one trooper in 4 days. Hours and hours on windy backroads (thank goodness I had my Zumo).
Anyways, thanks for letting me visit your beautiful state.

pics follow Raydog

#1 way south near Tennessee

P1000564.JPG

#4 unused dream house, off road, over creek bridge, what a place to retire!

P1000577.JPG

#5 standing on George Washington's back yard staring at the Pat. River...wow!

P1000443.JPG

Yeah, well you hit the NICE side of VA, where the mountains are...come over to the coast and I'll show you just how straight the roads are LOL  See, I can complain all I want!  
tounge.gif

Glad you had so much fun though...it's always nice to go some place new
cool.gif

P.S. You didn't see the troopers because they won't bug the out-of-staters nowadays...Virginians are worth far more LOL  Damn VA laws...
mad.gif

Carry on...

VA, I get that about the east side of the state but if you want painful and unfun riding, Cali has some terrible stuff "outback" too!

Hey, I live in East Tennessee and have the opportunity to do day trips to Western Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, Western North Carolina, and North Georgia mountains. I wouldn't trade this area for anyplace.
beerchug.gif

DSC05914.jpg

Raya, exactly, it's also ultimate terrain for Dualsport exploration too, my KLR would be so at home there! Last place we stayed was Witheburg, VA, it has awesome paved roads, hills, forest paths, water crossings, and no crowds! Kind of a best kept secret or something.

OK Cosmo, I'll see your Dorthy's shoes and raise you Ray Charles glasses.......

P1000472.JPG

Back