E-85 and the Turbo Hayabusa

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
So questions on the turbo and E85. I know it has been mentioned a few times about the wide swing in e85 being from 53% to 80% alch. If your tuned lets say for example purposes on a tank of e85 that tests out to lets say 55% alch, its not going to hurt the engine if the in the summer it goes to say 75% is it? Wouldnt that make the boike just run a little richer? New to this portion of busas so i apologize if this has been covered.

If the bike is tuned on 55% e and then you fill up with 85% e that will make it leaner. How lean I don’t know but it will run leaner. The higher the e content is the more fuel you need.

I know with my stock motor bike when I put e85 in it I add 30 to every column in the power commander. That got it close to where I was on gas.

FYI The bike was tuned with VP-E85. So if ethanol content is lower out of the pump it will just run rich. If you get a winter blend of 30% my guess is the bike would run terrible. When I come down I believe I still have 3 gallons of VP I can give ya.

Ok i will wait for you to come down and talk to me. Im a little confused on the fuel etc. Want to make sure i do this right.

Can't you just get a Flex fuel sensor input

My microsquirt has an output for it.... On my '90 zx11

II would guess the newer busa could have this feature in its ecu...maybe Smith boosted can make it work

Back