dyno tuneing the busa

OB_burt

Registered
well i went down to portland or,this weekend and had my busa put on the dyno for some baselin test the dyno is dynojet 200 with the gas analyzer whater ever that really is they explained it to me but i still got lost. any ways back to the testing final basline was 152 hp this was stock with only 1100 miles on it we then put on the akra system and baselined it again 159.3, next step we used the yosh box and made several runs, fineey ended up with 162.4 hp with no air box mod and stock air filter in it on the dyno graph there appears to be no lose on the bottom end and mid and top end it is fantasic. no stutter throttle response is instance,and the stock system weights 31 lbs the new system is 10.5 so it is 20.5 lbs lighter what a bonus, it just flys. ii am also running a 16 tooth front sprocket and brock lowering kit,. drive safe and fast burt p

did they use the o2 sensor setup from dynojet if the did it should show your A/F ratio on the dyno chart along with each rpm measurement thats whats so good about it.you knowyour ratios are correct through out the band not just within gasses burning envelope but in its best power producing ratio of that envelope.

motorhead i am not sure which one it was i was told that it cost $2500 if that helps any. motorhead could you dend me any wireing diagram on how to set up a electric over air shifter and any drawings or pictures that show me how to do it please. thanks burt

I bet thats itdid he give you a print out on your pull ?mine is on way its killin me like 2am on christmas when your 8yrs old and you just wanna open your presents but those were free

motorhead i do not have a seloniod valve for it i do not have any parts for it yet i need to know what all i will need and the proper way to hook everthing up. burt

Thanks for real information. You dynoed the only way--using Exhaust gas analyzing equipment. Did they also dyno at different rpms/throttle positions or just open throttle in 4th.
You will pick-up more horse power as you put the next 2000 miles on your bike or so. 5-8 hp can be gained from break-in. The Bus is hard to break-in on the road.
Enjoy!
Bob

motorhead someone said the kill time on his box makes the fi light come on also the kill time is real slow, also same problem with mps setup what do you think ?

bob i am not sure if they checked it at different rpm or on at top in fourth gear i know they made adjustments down low in the idle side but other then that i could not say for sure but i can sure feel the differance everywhere. burt

burt, i use the pingal air shift kit and compressor w/ the mps kill box and i don't have any problems, back fires or lights come on when i am shifting. I am very happy with the mps kill box!

Back