Ducati 1199 Panigale

Defiant said:
If it's the latest 1199, it's got 195hp if its the s model and it weighs 450 wet. Computers for traction, shock dampening, abs etc. I like the busa but I'm not stupid. ???

It's a cool bike, talked with a duc rep and he said of you want 450 or under wet get the basic model with the race wheels. Susp tuning has been around a long time and the computer just adds weight. But it's cool to say you have.

Thats why it took the pole in the first SBK race cause its slow.
they dont put anywhere near that kind of power to the wheels. more like 160-165 hp which is pathetic considering you can buy a BMW for far less and make far more hp.

I think it looks sexy as hell and im sure chics will dig it but any of the shootout they have done all say they lack POWER. if the bike was $12k then it wouldnt be as much of a concern but considering its closer to $19k and its primary function is racing and going fast I think Ducati completely dropped the ball.

Do not under estimate what the 1199 will do in a roll on. It will easily leave any stock busa, zx 14 or 1000 in the dust and I do mean easily. I ride very well and have run against one of these. I've ran against many visas,zx 14s and 1000s and the 1199 stays closer than any of them. I am only speaking about roll ons. I know it doesn't stand a chance at the drag strip.

Thats why it took the pole in the first SBK race cause its slow.
yea..... unfortunately the factory RACE bike is about as close to the show room floor model as Valentino Rossi's Yamaha is to the local Yamaha bought at the dealer.....:whistle:

its a beautiful bike and im sure it handles well but lacks power for a steet bike. I street bike these days making 160-165 hp is an absolute turd!

Do not under estimate what the 1199 will do in a roll on. It will easily leave any stock busa, zx 14 or 1000 in the dust and I do mean easily. I ride very well and have run against one of these. I've ran against many visas,zx 14s and 1000s and the 1199 stays closer than any of them. I am only speaking about roll ons. I know it doesn't stand a chance at the drag strip.
that made me lol....:rofl:

As long as your not talking stock I'm pretty sure there's a couple guys on this site that would give that HP4 a run for its money

Here we go. BMW is god. Yes, all Hail Mary to the BMW cause its the fastest.:banghead:

I don't think anyone was going there, but a forum member said the panigale could beat pretty much anything from a roll on, I gave my opinion. I have owned a couple ducati's and have many friends with them, great bikes when they work:laugh:

From former Ducati owner ('01 Monster M750), the 1199 Panigale is a beautiful bike. Congrats to your friend, and give us an update after he's had it for a while (with more pics, too!).

It IS a gorgous bike. THINNIST bike I've ever seen. Tail is nothing but sexy. To each his own and enjoy!

I figured that would stir the put pretty good. I told my daughter about that post and told her it was going to upset some people. I still stand by what I said tho. Has anyone ran their stock bike against one? If you haven't tried one then you can't speak on it. Go try to outrun one and then report back. Don't get me wrong I am a busa man 100%. Even have Suzuki s tattooed on my arm. And the kanji on my other arm. I just have seen the 1199 outrun many many bikes in roll on situations. And yes the guys on the other bikes know how to ride those bikes. Just go try one, you will be surprised.

A friend of mine has/had a Panigale Tricolore the most expensive production model, he had written his RSV4 Aprillia off the previous year and did not replace it till the following spring with the Ducati, he is quick, very very quick and soon found big problems with the Ducati on the road, at first they thought it was the individual bike but another did the same thing, on smooth roads like a track it was fine on real roads it was down right dangerous, he went out and bought another V4. He makes exhausts and levers etc and sponsors 2 British Superbike riders with exhausts so he had the contacts to sort the suspension on the Ducati and no-one could, last I heard he was going to cover it in Carbon and sell it at the NEC bike show (part of the reason he bought it was to develop his exhaust and carbon bodywork on that model) anothe friend had one and has gone back to his R1.

Why do they have rear passenger pegs on a bike that rear seat fits a toddler at best???

I still stand by what I said tho. Has anyone ran their stock bike against one?
no respectful Busa owner keeps their bike stock....:poke::laugh: I actually look forward to seeing one on the road this year to see wat it can do on the highway. it is a BJ on wheels I will admit....:thumbsup:

photo (21).jpg

Went Riding on Sunday

photo (21).jpg

We went for quick run around Lake Macquarie. Nothing Special there is a few little corners. He said it does corner really well. We came out of Swansea Round a bout on to the pacific highway it goes fro 60 KPH to 100 KPH so as I gave the Busa a squirt he did the same but as soon as the Ducati hit the 6000 rpm range the bike went into nuetral until the revs went below 5000 rpm the software doesnt let you rev it at all in the run in period. He didnt mean to rev it he just said he seen me take off and was doing the same.
Its bloody loud stock pipes cant even talk to him at a set of lights.

Back