Ducati 1199 Panigale

Nutza

Registered
My mates came around last night with his new Ducati. And what a great looking machine great quality good looking. Sounds so loud for a stock bike. Compact size like a 600 but with more room wide bars good feel.
They told him to break in in 1000 kms cant rev past 5000 rpm.

He offered me a ride but I declined untill its broken in no use riding if i cant rev the thing, Very impressed just looking at it.

So after 1000 kms we will have some drag pulls see how fast this thing is. I hope its not much faster.

photo (20).jpg

Should you show them the video of me passing one at NOLA last fall on my 07 1K? :laugh:

Ducati's aren't drag bikes. If that's what he bought it for, he's missing the point..

I sure hope he didn't. It'd be a waste of a gorgeous purpose built machine... :beerchug:

They are primadonnas :whistle: Take him deep down in the trenches and that duck wont stand a chance :thumbsup:

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about ducatis, test drove some hated them.took some time and looked at this bike in the showroom. Its an ugly bike in person.looks like some sort of transformers bike with the rear shock hanging out the side.then I sat on it, yuk I would never own one of these.but to each his own.

^^^^ I love the look of this bike. I've had the same thing said about my hayabusa. They said it was too big, too curvy. And don't get me started on the stupid hump. I still think that the hayabusa is the most beautiful bike made. I just love the flowing lines:thumbsup: To each his own

Ducati racing bikes are works of art! The others, not so much. They remind me of something you might find in a kid's toy box.

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about ducatis, test drove some hated them.took some time and looked at this bike in the showroom. Its an ugly bike in person.looks like some sort of transformers bike with the rear shock hanging out the side.then I sat on it, yuk I would never own one of these.but to each his own.

What you got with transformers! :laugh:

If it's the latest 1199, it's got 195hp if its the s model and it weighs 450 wet. Computers for traction, shock dampening, abs etc. I like the busa but I'm not stupid. ???

If it's the latest 1199, it's got 195hp if its the s model and it weighs 450 wet. Computers for traction, shock dampening, abs etc. I like the busa but I'm not stupid. ???

195 is at the crank, and that is high, from what I've seen they put down around 160 at the wheels, also they are way lighter then 450 wet, my bmw is around 425 wet weight and the ducati's are even lighter.

The bike is sexy! But one question, where's the rest of the rear seat? :lol: I know that little patch of leather isn't the seat, right?

Yes that is the back seat. Not really made as a touring bike like the busa. I cant stop looking at mine. I cant wait for the weather to break. Its killing me to get on her for the first ride. I could care less whos faster. I bought it cause its a beautiful bike and Im at the point in my life that I can now afford one.:thumbsup:

they dont put anywhere near that kind of power to the wheels. more like 160-165 hp which is pathetic considering you can buy a BMW for far less and make far more hp.

I think it looks sexy as hell and im sure chics will dig it but any of the shootout they have done all say they lack POWER. if the bike was $12k then it wouldnt be as much of a concern but considering its closer to $19k and its primary function is racing and going fast I think Ducati completely dropped the ball.

Back