Dry Nitrous---20 HP

Danfaster

Registered
Just ran the bike last week lowered,strapped, slip ons,PCIII 16/42 gearing....10.21 @ 137mph.
Installed an NX dry nitrous today, suppose to be 20 hp with the 20 jet. The instructions wanted to route the plastic 1/8 line into the intake side of the breather so the air intake temperature can adjust the injectors to go rich....correct? I routed line and split it at the front of the air box, then ran equal lengths and 1 pointing directly at the air intake temp. sensor, after the filter on a 45* upward angle, and the same on the opposite side. Tested it tonight under full throttle activation. 2nd gear power wheelies a bit but it was smooth and controllable. I will be running it this Friday for street night.I also just installed Brocks clutch mod.
What kind of difference in et.  mph should I see. Plugs were ok on short blasts. How much more jet can I go safely before I need to go to a wet system or progessive. Bike is not stretched!

You lose 10-15% power when you fog the Airbox,so you think you are spraying a 20 shot but it is actually more like 15-18 hp. 50 shot is the max

I have a nitrous system that uses the funnel jets and utilizes 2 jets. The jets are 2 @.023 each. What HP is this suppose to make? This is also on a stock Busa. The kit maker claims that this is a 40hp shot but I have my doubts and I'll tell you why once I get a few responses, especially from Gixx1300R. Thanks.

Thanks guys, it's nice to have a lot of opinions on what is best. I ordered some more jets...up to around 40. Should be lots to safely break into the 9 sec club with my quiet non stretched bike...at least enough for now. I will post some times and pics after I run the track next week...faster....faster...faster...

I have a nitrous system that uses the funnel jets and utilizes 2 jets. The jets are 2 @.023 each. What HP is this suppose to make? This is also on a stock Busa. The kit maker claims that this is a 40hp shot but I have my doubts and I'll tell you why once I get a few responses, especially from Gixx1300R. Thanks.
There are alot of variables when it comes to jetting. Bottle pressure should be 900 psi everytime you test to see if you have the correct jetting. 2-23 jets is actually about a 32-34 shot. If you bottle pressure is lower than 900psi it will be even less than that.

unless the jets are not drilled right, I got 52hp on the dyno the other day with an AFR of 12.2 to 12.4 to 1 on 91 octane pump. The kit maker said it was a 40hp shot as well as their calculator shows it as well. Pressure was just at 1000psi. But even when it dropped to 900psi, I still got 50hp on the next runs. hmmm......

unless the jets are not drilled right, I got 52hp on the dyno the other day with an AFR of 12.2 to 12.4 to 1 on 91 octane pump. The kit maker said it was a 40hp shot as well as their calculator shows it as well. Pressure was just at 1000psi. But even when it dropped to 900psi, I still got 50hp on the next runs. hmmm......
the 1000 psi helped. Are you spraying before or after the filter. Also here is a post that you can compare to.

http://psychobike.com/cgi-bin....t=64015

I spray before the filter. Nozzles are in each inlet at the closest point to the filter pointing towards the TBs.

I know the spray bar does allow better distribution cause my friend and I have put one from Wilburn but we specially modded it to fit his ZX12R. We saw more initial tq and a little more tq across the board. We saw about 10hp more than the single jet fogging the airbox. It was same increase no matter what size pill we used....from .036 to .044. With the .044, his bike made 280hp and 190hp NA.

I've seen several Nitrous makers sell their kit and advertise the big jet as a 40hp shot. We've dynoed several bikes with that supposed 40 shot (.036 jet) and got 50hp+. My .023 jets are supposed to be 40hp according to the maker and their calculator. Schnitz says a .036 gives 45hp. I need to get all the tiny drill bits out there and check the jets. The smallest drill bit I have is a .040.....

I spray before the filter. Nozzles are in each inlet at the closest point to the filter pointing towards the TBs.

I know the spray bar does allow better distribution cause my friend and I have put one from Wilburn but we specially modded it to fit his ZX12R. We saw more initial tq and a little more tq across the board. We saw about 10hp more than the single jet fogging the airbox. It was same increase no matter what size pill we used....from .036 to .044. With the .044, his bike made 280hp and 190hp NA.  

I've seen several Nitrous makers sell their kit and advertise the big jet as a 40hp shot. We've dynoed several bikes with that supposed 40 shot (.036 jet) and got 50hp+. My .023 jets are supposed to be 40hp according to the maker and their calculator. Schnitz says a .036 gives 45hp. I need to get all the tiny drill bits out there and check the jets. The smallest drill bit I have is a .040.....
Hmm,that is very interesting. If you system is working that well I wouldnt change it.

Well, I guess so. I'm just messing around for now until I finish gathering the rest of the turbo parts. Only need a couple more things but they cost over $2k.

I'm going to try 2 .029 jets here next week and these are rated at 65hp. Does that sound right? What I mean is for every .001 change how much HP should be gained? Some makers state 4-5hp. But if I got 50hp from the .023s and go to .029s, doesn't that sound like I'll gain 25hp more?

Oh well, the dyno will tell me enough. By the way, as far as before and after #'s, I ran on a new DJ 250i. Bike is bone stock except for no pair valve and a Powercommander IIIUSB with a stock map installed. It seems these dynos read lower #'s than the old DJ150 did but that doesn't matter to me anyway, I got 146hp NA with a very smooth AFR @12.8 to 1 and some areas near 13.0 to 1. On the 2 -.023 jets got 198hp with 12.2 to 12.4 AFR. These are SAE #s. I had richened up the 100% TP by 25%. Also richened the 80% TP by 20%.

Now keep in mind, I am at 5300' altitude, so the actual HP of my bike shouldn't overtax the stock injectors. I should be safe with the bigger jets along with 101 unleaded.

What do you think?

Two .023's about the same as a single .033 average gain around 35. Two .029's = a single .042 low to mid 60's average.

Two .023's about the same as a single .033 average gain around 35. Two .029's = a single .042 low to mid 60's average.
Well, the kit comes with .015s, .019s and the .023s, 2 of each of course. Their ratings were 20, 30 and 40 respectively. Haven't tried the smaller ones to see what they produce. But again, the calculators say the .015s are 17hp and the .019s are 27hp.  

So, even though I am going up quite a bit, my HP will only be 15hp more? I'll find out this week or next and post up.

I still think the jets are not drilled right. Why? Well, I was looking at the jets carefully and noticed the .015s were not the same. This from the naked eye. So I took some pics and did the best I could with lighting and such and guess what? I was right about the size difference but also found something else interesting. The correct .015 revealed something. Look at the last pic especially. You may have to download it as the site downsizes pics even more. There may be some quality control issues with these jets. Thank god I'm a believer of dyno testing and/or WB use.

Tell me if you can tell the difference.

tn_DSC02178.jpg

tn_DSC02173a.jpg

tn_DSC02193.jpg

tn_DSC02191.jpg

ok, Those jets are different sizes. Which kit are you using? This is why my Spraybar uses one jet. If you are doing direct Nitrous injection you better make damn sure all 4 intakes are getting the same amount of nitrous. Chevelle is correct "Two .023's about the same as a single .033 average gain around 35. Two .029's = a single .042 low to mid 60's average."
Your jets may be bigger than what is stamped on the side.

Right click and save the last pic. You'll see what I mean really once the pic is larger on your computer.

Needs to be deburred better. That has to hurt a little on flow unless the pressure is high enough to dislodge it.

Something is wrong with those jets for sure. The gains are well outside the norms. The need to increase fuel by 25 % is another tipoff that you are spraying more nitrous then you think.

With .029's i would run colder plugs and pull ignition.

Something is wrong with those jets for sure. The gains are well outside the norms. The need to increase fuel by 25 % is another tipoff that you are spraying more nitrous then you think.

With .029's i would run colder plugs and pull ignition.
I need some bits to gauge the actual size of all these funnel jets.

But remember what I said earlier? I've dynoed several motorcycles with the single flare jets measured marked .036" that cranked out an additonal 50hp on motorcycles ranging from 1000ccs to 1400ccs. Also from 3 different makers ie; NOS, DynotuneNitrous and Nitrous Express. What gives on those single jets? Aren't a lot of these flare jets made by the same company?

I also remember in the early days of nitrous use for bikes that the 40hp rated jets were netting most Hayabusas 50hp+. So I always assumed that any kit I installed would actually give me 50hp. Which now after about 5 different installs, that is correct. Hmmmm, am I missing something?

Ok, one question? Are these online calculators wrong? Is Schnitz Racing wrong too?

Since you mentioned the cold plugs, does anyone here have some CR10Es in stock? Cause locally everyone needs to order them and I keep getting 7 days out. Way too long for me.

A .036 jet is good for about 40 h.p. But that average can be manipulated. A over filled 2.5 lb bottle has more pressure and volume and will put up big numbers until the pressure/volume advantage goes away.

Jets,i break them down int 2 types. N.O.S type,1 piece (the only type i use)

And the dyno tune and other cheap knock offs. These are 2 piece. A common core with the restriction punched or brazed in.

Nitrous calcs,some are close,some are not.

Schnitz should have the plugs. The bike may be slower to start and a bit less responsive with colder plugs. I toned my setup down a little and went back to the stock plugs. Go figure,my ZX 12 showed no negative affects from colder plugs (ek's)

Back