Dry Nitrous Kit Questions

Nicholas

Registered
i got a lil 2lb bottle and everything else for my bike,
i have a 2003 busa,power commander, small airbox mod, full yoshi exhaust, and k&n air filter..
everything else is stock/factory
its not a big jet kit the biggest jet is like a 24 but its duel shot.
first question is
1:i just heard today that dry nitrous is bad cause one cylinder could get more amount of nitrous than another making one hot making it unstable anyone know if its true or fales and any details,
2:would it be better to mount each nozzle in the intake runners or actually in the air box.
3:should i just sell it and use the money for other stuff since i dont have any engine mod/stronger support.

i dont wanna install the kit unless it really wont affect the life of my engine and i think the other sized jets are 12 and 16,
im a everyday rider wouldnt use the nitrous everyday but would have a seperate map for the niitrous on a map switch. would just use it like once or twice a weekend on the highway when riding with friends .

With the 03 go with the ECu flash and gregs harness and you dont need any boxes.
im just installing a (finaly 40Hp 32 to 36 jet) dry shot (with boxes :moon:on 01) and found good guys for advice and support here

i use a single nozzle with plate on bottom of airbox , and looked good on testshot.

i love my engine too ,but if you do a good install a small shot should not hurt it.
Do it right > have a dynorun for A/F > and you should have no problems
do it wrong > boom

If you sell it , maybe you get 5-6 Hp for the money with other stuff.

Last edited:
For some reason, I did not have much luck with the twin nozzles in the ducts. You could barely feel it pull at times. I did the plate in the bottom of the air box and it works great!

I have a friend that has run hundreds and hundreds of lbs through his stock engine this way and had great luck

i havent heard of the plate in the bottom of the air box, only other i hear was drilled in front of the air filter? can anyone that has a dry set up post pics of where you put ur jet nozzles?? that would be great if anyone can do that or even just pics of where u decided to put ur bottle.

N20Airbox.jpg

N20Airbox3.jpg

N20Airbox2.jpg

nice, what size jets do u have. are all 4 the same size?i only have a set of two jets or is two fine since im not really trying to alot of spray, but thanks for everything, is there anything u would suggest to keep my engine strong with nitrous?

lol and back to one of the original questions, is there a high chance that more nitrous would get into a cylinder and be like more unstable in one cylinder than the others

Back