drought to flooding every where

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
The rain down here in GA has been going nuts for the past week. Today we major flooding all over the state. It took me atleast 30-40 mins longer to get home from work to find that water had gotten into my garage. Thankfully it didn't get into the house. So I started to clean that up and dug a small trench to direct water to the driveway. Then I realized that all the water was coming from the backyard. My pool is in the backyard :banghead:
My little trench and what I found when I opened the back gate. ::11
Anyone what to go for a swim? ::9
There were a few people that were killed today so I know I've very lucky that all I got was a dirty pool. It could have been so much worse. A lot of people lost homes, cars and worst of all loved ones. My thoughts go out to all of them.

HPIM1434a.jpg

HPIM1433a.jpg

HPIM1440a.jpg

We have been getting rain every day for over 2 weeks. The local weather person said we should stay in this pattern until early OCT.

I'm so ready for winter.:laugh:

damnnn ga. i work for an airline that services atl and we are on some horrible atc holds. 4hr delays are what is exspected as of now. im supposed to get out for a devorce party and i should be out at 7 and now thats looking more like midnight:11zpissed::bomb:
on a side note i should show ur pics to all the passengers that come up and say "i just talked to my sister that lives in atlanta and she says it hasnt been raining":boxing:

The heavy stuff is hitting you guys in north Ga. We're getting rain here but it's mostly afternoon showers. Doesn't last long and no flooding. Hang in there youall, It'll be dry soon. Until then, take care and be carefull on those flooded roads.

The heavy stuff is hitting you guys in north Ga. We're getting rain here but it's mostly afternoon showers. Doesn't last long and no flooding. Hang in there youall, It'll be dry soon. Until then, take care and be carefull on those flooded roads.

You guys better hold on to something. You may not be getting to rain but we're sending you a lot if water. Keep an eye on the rivers and streams. It's not going to be pretty.

You guys better hold on to something. You may not be getting to rain but we're sending you a lot if water. Keep an eye on the rivers and streams. It's not going to be pretty.
Oooo, Yea, I forgot. What you guys get we end up with. It flows south don't it. We'll have to watch the Flint but I'm not close to it so I won't be effected. Take care Man.

Sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken with my cell.These were taken about an hour ago and we're getting more rain. It's a road about 100 ft in front of the house to get on and off base.

This is a big dranage ditch between the house and road thats about 5 ft deep, 40 ft across, and 80 ft long. Thank god I live on the high side.
Picture014.jpg

Picture023.jpg

This is the road
Picture017.jpg

I'm 6'4" and it's almost to my knees
Picture022.jpg

This is my truck in the deepest area at the time
Picture015.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Above the air dam and almost touching the driving lights
Picture019.jpg

This is a parking in between the house and the road
Picture016.jpg

This isn't as bad as some places, but I think we all have gotten more rain than we need and more is coming.

I live in Catoosa county and some of the roads are shut due to flooding. The schools were closed today and now there out tomorrow to. I covered my pool yesterday between showers and have the water hose in it now draining water off the cover. Weather man said it should start getting better Wednesday so Thursday should be ok, partly cloudy with some sun. :) :cheerleader: I am packed and ready to go to the bash on Thursday. :thumbsup:

Oooo, Yea, I forgot. What you guys get we end up with. It flows south don't it. We'll have to watch the Flint but I'm not close to it so I won't be effected. Take care Man.

I guess this means that lake that Atlanta gets its water from is finally full again, and GA won't be trying to steal it from TN anymore....:poke:

I guess this means that lake that Atlanta gets its water from is finally full again, and GA won't be trying to steal it from TN anymore....:poke:

Oh no! This one's going political too! :laugh:

We have plenty of water to go around...

Just a little more then a week I got my pool back. :cheerleader: About $130 worth of salt and chemicals and a lot of vacuuming later it's clean again. :thumbsup:

HPIM1444a.jpg

HPIM1443a.jpg

I was curious how the pool cleanup went. I got to spend five hours with a power washer cleaning up after a flash flood here last week. We have an automatic cover on our pool, but it still got a lot of muddy water in it.

Back