dropped my gen3 busa and my ego is hurt and feeling embarrassed

kabali

Registered
yesterday weather was so sunny here in Seattle area, gone for a group ride. small group with 2 spyders, a harley and myself. we were coming out of an uphill and have to turn left. on reaching the top, not sure what happened, I stalled and dropped the bike left side. I dropped it graciously I mean very slowly. there is minor scratch on the mirror and muffler, unnoticeable unless you go and touch to feel it. a gentleman( from a car) came to rescue and helped me lift the motorcycle. I was riding in position 3 and harley was behind, he couldnt come to help quickly as he was in the ramp himself behind me.
20211101_210756.jpg
20211101_210948.jpg

the pin under the left front footpeg is broken as shown in the picture. is there an OEM front footpeg ?

but my ego is hurt, feeling embarrassed.

thinking may be busa is too big a bike for me. I'm 37, 5'11" and 220 lbs guy.

yesterday weather was so sunny here in Seattle area, gone for a group ride. small group with 2 spyders, a harley and myself. we were coming out of an uphill and have to turn left. on reaching the top, not sure what happened, I stalled and dropped the bike left side. I dropped it graciously I mean very slowly. there is minor scratch on the mirror and muffler, unnoticeable unless you go and touch to feel it. a gentleman( from a car) came to rescue and helped me lift the motorcycle. I was riding in position 3 and harley was behind, he couldnt come to help quickly as he was in the ramp himself behind me.
View attachment 1643236View attachment 1643237

the pin under the left front footpeg is broken as shown in the picture. is there an OEM front footpeg ?

It happens to many of us and feeling embarrassed is natural. I wouldn’t have told anyone!:D Figure out how it happened and (don’t) do it again. If you have any muscle mass at all it’s not too big for you. Question though, are you properly geared up, boots and all? Sand and liquids accumulate at all the places where we stop. Intersections and gas pumps. Order a new part and get on with it.:firing:

Chit happens bro , don't over think it too much . Sounds like it stalled , you might not have grabbed the clutch in time , it rocked a bit on the fork because locked up motor , and yo didn't get your foot down quick enough . Once the Busa , well Gen 2 anyway starts to drop , ( like rolling forward off the stand ) hard to arrest that drop . 220lb , you should be right with muscling that new bird around , no worries .

Welcome to motorcycling.....once that mass gets off balance, it's a real bear to wrestle with...it don't matter how tall or how much you weigh....

I had this happen with one of my bikes long ago and it went over in slow motion...I was doing my best to stop it but it was going regardless....fortunately I did no damage and was able to upright it right away....the best part is I was by myself and nobody the wiser. I was living in the weight room in those days and my job required me to be in almost olympic fitness levels so strength is not a factor in this situation, leverage and mass is.

View attachment 1643236View attachment 1643237

What? You are the perfect size for a Busa. Pick her up, count to three, and man up brother. How do you think I got the name Fallenarch? The only difference is I did the same thing at a Busa bash right in front of everyone. Haha. Two wheels = unstable = occasional brain farts. Part of the game, hopefully, you got yours out of the way now so enjoy!

I've gone down on my 05' a couple times. Yes my ego was crushed the first couple times. One time it wasn't my fault. I got plum rundown by some dude in a truck, and he left me for dead.

If you're falling, you're learning. Kind of like skiing.

And yes, I have literally taken my bike off of the rear stand and it has fallen to the ground onto the carpet in my garage. That was back in September 2005 and the bike was brand new. Note to self, always check the side stand when you're on the rear stand. :p

PS Like Roadtoad said, once gravity gets a hold of it, whether you're rolling, or coming off the side stand it's just going to happen.

Once my Busa fell off the kickstand and pinned me to the couch , which I was standing next too , putting her on the bloody stand . The bike was inside of course at the time , and I was able to slowly slide my fat ass out from under her fat ass .... Swear me dog was grinning at me because of the stupid look I must have given him .

Guy I know has a big 'ol full dresser HD something or other and had it up off the ground on a lift of some sort and the lift let go, he and his buddy dived out of the way and the bike went down and went down hard onto the garage floor...

The point is-sometimes stuff happens and there isn't thing one you can do about it other than gain experience from it.

Lol, I've dropped my 22 twice already, once walking it out of the garage and forgetting I hadn't put the side stand down...slowest. fall. Ever. And nothing I could do to stop it once it started.

The second was the downhill kickstand issue in neutral. Lesson learned these bikes roll forward easy.

Back