driving me crazy!

kod3001

Registered
Only me...

Something is driving me crazy, does this happen to you?
Bad vibrations - but not from the bike.

I tend to commute to work on the Busa - what a great way to start the day I say. Accordingly, when its warm, I tend to dress in a fairly tight leather jacket, kevlar draggin' jeans, boots and the rest.

My build is quite skinny - 150 lbs, 6'2", you get the picture, as such I don't tend to fill up the jacket perfectly, and even with all the straps and velcro as tight as they'll go I get wind down my back, and a lot of wind resistance on my upper arms even when I'm tucked into the bike.

The only thing that sorts the wind out down my back seems to be a rucksack, though I don't always want to have to wear it.

This is getting really annoying, and will happen anytime after 130+, sooo all the time really.

Does anyone have the same problem? or am I all on my own?
Short of wearing a scarf and wearing a thick sweater to fill up the gaps I can't think of anything.
rock.gif

Happy riding !!

Some suggestions:

1) Eat more and get fat.

2) Sit backwards on the bike.

3) Ride naked.

4) Fit one of those huge Hardley touring screens.

5) Lean backwards so the wind goes up your helmet instead of down your back.

6) Sell the 'Busa and buy a car.

That's all I can think of for now....
smile.gif

Get some meat on them bones or get some properly fitting leathers.... sorta spandex... keep ya from vibrating too bad....

Have a velcro closure sewed around the neck area to tighten it up more, double bubble windscreen combined will help tremendously.

Signed,
hndmedwns

Thanks for the tips, looks like I'll be riding naked then, but not in the British winter thanks.
smile.gif

I'm 33 now and been trying to put weight on all my life, I can eat for England but still lose a lb or 2. Its that pesky matabolism. Still, less weight = getting there quicker.

Smaller snugger fitting jacket and a quality helmet will help tremedously.:;):

You #######! 150 lbs! Geez.. I'm starving myself on greens to get down to 219 now. When you turn 40 I hope your ass swells up like a latin womans.

Rant Off.

Sorry I yelled
smile.gif

Les

In the cooler months I wear a thick wool dickie (turtleneck sweater type). It really keeps the breeze out of the jacket.

I am not having much luck finding an example online...

Duct tape my man. It can fix anything and its good to 200 mph. Available in several colors too.

Cooler weather should be no problem since you'll want the extra clothing to take up the gaps. Personally, I think a breeze down the back would probably feel good in hot weather.

If the wind is going down your back, it sounds like you're tucked and its coming over your helmet and into the jacket. One thing you might try would be to take a short piece of leather and epoxy it to the back of the helmet so it drapes over your neck and onto your jacket. That would guide the airflow over the neck opening and prevent the draft. If you want something removable you could just epoxy some velcro to the bottom of the helmet and attach the leather to that.

Back