Drag set up

Travis England

Registered
I have a turbo busa right now having some probem hooking up...I have an o4 busa turbo around 230 hp I am 210 out of the shower bike is lowered in front as much as i can go fender is hitting bottom of head light im stretched about 12 inches rear shock is stock and i have a shinko I run about 10 lbs of air in the tire ...stock gearing ...first gear is useless no matter how I take off so I just use 2nd gear....I usually hook at the top of 2nd...I think i am too long but will a shorter bike come up with 230 hp ...I want to run 300-350 hp next summer and I know I need my shock re worked where would be a good place to get that done. what are your thoughts and what kind of set up do you use at the strip thanks for any info

Litz can do a revalve and set your shock up. You might also try looking into doing a Penske or JRI shock. They are fairly cheap now and are more adjustable than the revalve would be. I would say right now you are way too long IMO. My bike puts down 195hp and I am sitting at 64.5" and it will come up on me every once in a while. Your suspension is what I would look into changing ASAP. You can get the shock and spring rate setup for your bike and should help tremendously. Look on psychobike for parts you may be able to use. I have seen a couple of drag shocks come up on there for very reasonable prices when I was looking. I ended up getting a used Penske for 350 and sent it in to Penske to get revalved and resprung for my weight and length and I ended up being in $1300 shock for $550.

Definitley too long for stock suspension. Shock I would think on your bike is a must! I tried 12 inches on my virtually all stock bike and couldnt hook at all! I'm 9.5 inches back now with my stock shock set soft as it goes and I hook now, but I don't have a turbo! :whistle: If the bike isn't wheeling you could raise the front up to "help" with the hook up too. What tire are you running? How much of a burn out do you do?

suspension for sure

a few budget Ideas

Hayabusa Straight link

I know some guys have had luck with them... or you could get Rock Solid's spring spacer

1″ Shock Spring Spacers | ROCK Solid ManufacturingROCK Solid Manufacturing

That will allow you more room to stiffen the shock..

Shock will be the best though

Motorcycle Suspension by Traxxion Dynamics

I bought my penske shock from them. It was around $800 setup for me. Stock shocks suck ass once the bike gets extended..

What shinko do you have? stealth,hook-up or slick...

With power adders you need a controller....AMS 1000.. Most turbo bikes have to tune the boost by time or gear.

Litz can do a revalve and set your shock up. You might also try looking into doing a Penske or JRI shock. They are fairly cheap now and are more adjustable than the revalve would be. I would say right now you are way too long IMO. My bike puts down 195hp and I am sitting at 64.5" and it will come up on me every once in a while. Your suspension is what I would look into changing ASAP. You can get the shock and spring rate setup for your bike and should help tremendously. Look on psychobike for parts you may be able to use. I have seen a couple of drag shocks come up on there for very reasonable prices when I was looking. I ended up getting a used Penske for 350 and sent it in to Penske to get revalved and resprung for my weight and length and I ended up being in $1300 shock for $550.

Cool I will def look into that I know I need a shock bad I will probably just have my shock reworked...I'm not looking to compete in drag racing just looking to gain some bragging rights lol

Definitley too long for stock suspension. Shock I would think on your bike is a must! I tried 12 inches on my virtually all stock bike and couldnt hook at all! I'm 9.5 inches back now with my stock shock set soft as it goes and I hook now, but I don't have a turbo! :whistle: If the bike isn't wheeling you could raise the front up to "help" with the hook up too. What tire are you running? How much of a burn out do you do?

before I go all crazy and get a new swing arm I was looking to see if I could get it to hook at the length i'm at now ...I was just affraid that the front end would come up if it did hook especially if I bump up the boost to 15 lbs...I need to find a set of stock forks the guy that had my bike before made it just for looks he had the front shocks cut 2 inches and the tripple tree lowered it a couple inches too so its hard to ride on the street....and my tire is a shinko Usoft I run around 10 psi and I only do a little burn out just till the tire starts to smoke and squall

suspension for sure

a few budget Ideas

Hayabusa Straight link

I know some guys have had luck with them... or you could get Rock Solid's spring spacer

1″ Shock Spring Spacers | ROCK Solid ManufacturingROCK Solid Manufacturing

That will allow you more room to stiffen the shock..

Shock will be the best though

Motorcycle Suspension by Traxxion Dynamics

I bought my penske shock from them. It was around $800 setup for me. Stock shocks suck ass once the bike gets extended..

What shinko do you have? stealth,hook-up or slick...

With power adders you need a controller....AMS 1000.. Most turbo bikes have to tune the boost by time or gear.

I like the straight link idea for now I think that will help out a lot the season ...this winter I will get things set up right weather it be a boost, controller shorter swing arm new shock lol maybe just go with a 10 inch slick and wheelie bars haha

I have a two step as well I launch around 7,000 in 2nd gear I have wheel spin through most of 2nd gear but nothing crazy my rpms usually go up to about 8500 and stay there till the bike speed matches the rpm then it hooks up..when its spinning in 2nd its still pulling hard so I'm not sure how much i'm loosing

I need to find a set of stock forks the guy that had my bike before made it just for looks he had the front shocks cut 2 inches and the tripple tree lowered it a couple inches too so its hard to ride on the street....

If you looking to get the bike to hook and not wheelie you need to keep the folks you have.. Raising the front end will on lead to wheeling... If you want a softer ride you can put stock folks back on and just strap it every time you want to hammer down..

and my tire is a shinko Usoft I run around 10 psi and I only do a little burn out just till the tire starts to smoke and squall

The u soft aka stealth is also the reason you are spinning... its a good tire if your making 170whp... the hook up will do a much better job..

I like the straight link idea for now I think that will help out a lot the season ...this winter I will get things set up right weather it be a boost, controller shorter swing arm new shock lol maybe just go with a 10 inch slick and wheelie bars haha

controller and round slick...

I have a two step as well I launch around 7,000 in 2nd gear I have wheel spin through most of 2nd gear but nothing crazy my rpms usually go up to about 8500 and stay there till the bike speed matches the rpm then it hooks up..when its spinning in 2nd its still pulling hard so I'm not sure how much i'm loosing

Ouch!! I probably wouldnt be doing that...Im sure its putting a hurting on your clutches...

You dont have the chassis setup for a two step...

You need to reduce the power in first gear so you can use it. All thoses fast turbo bikes that make 350-400-etc-etc dont make those numbers in first gear. Most dont make the big number till 3rd gear. If your looking to go fast at the track then get a good shock,controller and start looking into a good clutch. Turbo bike's are hard to front half the track.. They mph like a mofo!!

Back