Drag Race Rear Shock

TheNOSman

Registered
I once again have a question for you guys.

What rear suspension set up should I go with and WHY?

It's an 04 Busa that's used 90% on the Drag Strip and 10% on the Street. The emphasis is on the track use though.

I am looking at Brocks Ohlins Drag Shock vs. the stock shock with the Schnitz adjustable linkages.

I am almost 300 pounds so obviously I need to be stiffer in the rear.  I have not heard anything bad about the Ohlins Drag Shock othen then that it's just not needed.  I was thinking that the main thing is to be able to adjust the stiffness of the shock.  What I like about the linkages is that it allows you to change the angle of the shock to achieve this.  The downside is that it also changes the ride height but I already have adjustable lowering links to compensate so that I can maintain the exact ride height. I want.

I am open to other shocks as well.  I want to hear from guys that have different shocks on the back already (other then what I see in the advertisements).  What type of change did you see if performance?  Did it cut your 60 foot times?  How did it affect down track traction?  

Also the bike will be set at 64" wheelbase.  Thanks!
race.gif

I WOULDN'T WASTE MY MONEY ON EITHER SHOCK,CALL ADAMS PERFORMANCE IN MOORESVILLE N.C. 704-662-0992 ASK 4 COREY .   
super.gif
                                                THEY CAN GET YOUR SHOCK REVALVED TO YOUR SPECIFICATION FOR AROUND $300.00 WITH YOUR CORE AND YOU WILL BE PLEASED. JUST TELL THEM YOUR WEIGHT AND BIKE SETUP AND YOU'LL BE SET AND SAVE A TON OF $
biggrin.gif

But if I just send my shock out and get it re-valved I still won't have the adjustment I'll want. That's my biggest complaint about the Busa suspension, lack of adjustment! I can't stand trying to use a screwdriver & hammer to twist down the 2 lock nuts on the shock, what a pain! Getting the shock re-vavled will cover most of my issue but I'll have to fine tune it at the track, and I would like to have something that's easier to play with.

HEY IF YOU GOT THE DOUGH TO BLOW GO FOR IT ,I WAS TRYING TO SAVE YOU SOME $. AND I DO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE ADJUSTMENTS ON THE BUSA,I WAS 268LBS WHEN I GOT MY BUSA AND WE HAD TO HAMMER  THE SHOCK NUT AROUND TO GET MINE SETUP.
biggrin.gif

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISSION AND YOUR BIKE

Thnaks busa crazy. I don't really have the dough to blow but when spending as much as I am already I probably shouldn't skimp out here! Thanks for the help.

Goldenchild will be back soon he will know where and if you should get it.

Back