Drag Racing the Busa

Busa'd,
I am new to this board,but not new to drag racing busas. I work for Brock and have alot of knowledge on the busa. I have helped several of our local guys get into the nines, and countless others who call in all across the world. I don't post alot on any board. Most of the time I just read the posts. I can not say that I don't have a biased opinion. However, I do not, and will not run down our competition.

I am 5'10'' and weigh 185 lbs. My best time on a stock wheelbase busa with just bolt on mods is 9.32@151.

1.53 60ft
4.04 330ft
6.08 1/8th
9.32 1/4

I leave the line at idle and let the bike do the work. The throttle is pinned and the clutch is out by the sixty foot clocks. A good way to practice this is in your dry hop. As some of the other board members have stated you need a clutch mod. This will keep you from breaking your motorcycle as well as letting you slip the clutch for a smooth launch. The most important part of drag racing is setting up your bike properly. The next most important part is seat time.

Hope this helps a little.

Feel free to give me a call. I'll help you as much as I can.

937-298-6818

Thanks Bryan

Byran, I recently put in the Brock Clutch Cushion with the heavier springs. I have the mod as well. It helps slip the clutch w/o chatter, but the clutch lever is much harder to control due to the stiffness. Will this "break-in" ? And get a little easier on the hand? THanks and I fully promote Brock's products.

Hey! my emoticons don't work:D
Put a space between the last thing you type and your emoticon, it will work better!  
idea3.gif

Busa'd,
I am new to this board,but not new to drag racing busas. I work for Brock and have alot of knowledge on the busa. I have helped several of our local guys get into the nines, and countless others who call in all across the world. I don't post alot on any board. Most of the time I just read the posts. I can not say that I don't have a biased opinion. However, I do not, and will not run down our competition.

I am 5'10'' and weigh 185 lbs. My best time on a stock wheelbase busa with just bolt on mods is 9.32@151.

1.53 60ft
4.04 330ft
6.08 1/8th
9.32 1/4

I leave the line at idle and let the bike do the work. The throttle is pinned and the clutch is out by the sixty foot clocks. A good way to practice this is in your dry hop. As some of the other board members have stated you need a clutch mod. This will keep you from breaking your motorcycle as well as letting you slip the clutch for a smooth launch. The most important part of drag racing is setting up your bike properly. The next most important part is seat time.

Hope this helps a little.

Feel free to give me a call. I'll help you as much as I can.

937-298-6818

Thanks Bryan
good to hear from you Bryan.

my racin partner has too much hp on bad prepped tracks and has to launch from idle in these circumstances.... still hit 9.0's all motor, 200lbs rider. (gen3 pipe too)

now, you have a great 60' time for stock wheelbase.
My question to you is...... I still run stock clutch and hub. Have NEVER had chatter once, never did overheat the plates either. I leave at 5krpms.
Is leaving at idle the key? works for you and my racing partner too...... maybe I should try it.

on a side note, Muzzys is local to me, I know some of them, however the best numbers I've seen on the board come from Brock's.

Yes practice. hey i have a 8.8 (most likely even better now) Busa. The first time that I took it to the track last year after many years away I pulled a 11.2. How embarssing. 2nd run was 10.4 3rd run was 9.6. I have so much power and a stock wheel base so I have to watch the lights and roll off, then I am up in every gear if not careful. Like everyone says Practice Practice Practice. Have fun doing it.

Back