Drag Racing

Last time I raced a busa we were on a small 300 ft track blocked off during a summer car show. By the time you hit the top of first and went to 2nd it was time to grab a bunch of brake lol. THere was one crazy guy with a wicked trubo full drag busa, he left the line and went sideways down the whole track and posted faster time and mph then anyone else out there.

Then of course there was the idiot hardley rider on a 502ci Boss Hoss harley with 600+ HP, he burnt the tire and went sideways taking out all of the timing markers and delayed the racing for about 20 min.

(DEVLDOG @ May 10 2007,17:10) but the air shifter actually kills the bike for a 1000th of a sec or whatever it is as to not damage anything,i would think just throwing it up a gear may have some negative inpact if not done correctly......do you ever grind a gear??
I have never ground a gear, even on a Harley Vrod I was able to do it.

Here you have to have full leather riding gear if you are going over 100 .

If you plan on racing, look for a set of leathers. One piece or two piece that zips together. I found a nice set used for $150. It was money well spent. Cap took some pictures yesterday that are pretty amazing on why you need to wear gear AND make sure it is properly secured.

(sccrvettel82 @ May 10 2007,15:52) Never really have any problems launching the busa, other than finding the fastest way to to get the throttle WO without wheel spin or wheelies through first gear.  
smile.gif
 once that is done it is all gravy from there.  I normally leave around 5 grand feathering the clutch with progressive throttle roll from there, by the time I am that the top of first the throttle is WO and I am into second.  Not the fastest method, but without strapping, lowering, and lengthening, it seems to be the best for keeping the front down.

Very good advice here, but start about 3000-3500 your first few times. Once you get the hang of it move your way up. I have a stock swingarm and can be more consistant with 4-4500 rpm even though I can run a faster time with a 5000 rpm launch.

Back