First time drag racing my busa.....

1300hemibusa

Registered
I went to sunshine speedway and got in 8  1/8 mile passes tonight ...
smile.gif
I have been wanting to go for weeks but it rains ever test and tune night.. I was worried about wheelies so i left at idle on all but one run .. The bike is lowered 1 1/2 inches  In the rear and i strapped the front end down with the help of ClwrBusa .. I have no other mods and i have 680 miles on the bike ...I'm posting my two best passes...

First .60 foot 1.74.3
       330      4.421
       1/8 mile 6.56.4
       Mph      114.50

Second . 60 foot 1.71.3
       330      4.37.0
       1/8 mile 6.52.9
       Mph      113.20

All in all i felt it was pretty good for my first time with my new busa  and seeing that i was leaving at Idle .. The one time i did bring it out at 2500 rpms i wheelied a bit but did post a little faster 60 foot 1.68.4 .. But i blew that run by pulling in the clutch to kill the wheely ...Oh well it was fun anyway and with some more track time i think i will be able to drop that 60 footer into the high 1.5s or low 1.6s i hope ..
 Tell me what you think ...Lee    

P/S ClwrBusa has some pictures i'm sure he will post them later ...Thanks ClwrBusa for you help tonight ...Lee..

<!--EDIT|1300hemibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111635250 -->

These guys were getting so many runs in that I think they were getting tired...LOL

Gonna work on the pics/video and try to get it posted tomorrow. Lee, I hope you remembered to undo the strap before leaving.

bottom line

you had fun. who gives a fug what "they" think.

Right on man, takes ballz to ponie up.

hav a good 1....RSD

I'll be out there with you guys the beginning of May. You guys did good. I'm sure I will have some real ugly stories to post up, but its all fun.

Dang good times for your first outing. Just to give you an idea, I ran against a 6" extended busa two weeks ago and here are his numbers: Judging by his numbers, I'd say you'd run a high 9 full quarter.

60ft 1.799
330ft 4.534
1/8 6.767
1/8 110.21
1000 8.712
1000 123.90
1/4 10.279
1/4 134.01

Mine(I'm a newbie):

60ft 2.016
330ft 4.827
1/8 7.068
1/8 109.89
1000 9.0009
1000 124.86
1/4 10.550
1/4 136.03 (can you tell I'm only 5'9, and 145 lbs?)

I can't wait to get back out there. Last year was my first year just playin' around with the 1/4 mile, but after the first time I was hooked. On my first day, all I can remember was doing a 10.24 in the 1/4 at 136mph (about 6 total runs). I was so excited because I knew that there was a lot more room for improvement. Now that I've got a modest 4" stretch, I will most definitely get into the 9's before mid-summer.
cool.gif

BTW hemi, congrats. Just keep goin' and keep practicing that launch. The launch is the hardest part, but with practice, your reaction times will get better.

LEE, u sof of a gun, u left too early, We got 12 passes total
I got 6.73 at 109.x
Lee was handlin that thing great, I was wheelie king.
AND don't anyone think lee was a better rider than me, He does not even weigh what my leg weighs.HAHAHAH j/k
Pics up and a lil vid Lee is on the same busa as mine I have Grey helmet, his is blk/grn.
F'n Blast, let me know if u can make it next week too, I might go this fri night for brackets-EZ

http://www.tampabikers.com/racing.htm

I wish I would have been there, I always go to Clearwater Beach for vacation, Brought the bike last year, and couldnt find any bikers, ON the way back home I see about 150 in one parking lot but was already packed up.

LEE, u sof of a gun, u left too early, We got 12 passes total
I got 6.73 at 109.x
Lee was handlin that thing great, I was wheelie king.
AND don't anyone think lee was a better rider than me, He does not even weigh what my leg weighs.HAHAHAH j/k
Pics up and a lil vid Lee is on the same busa as mine I have Grey helmet, his is blk/grn.
F'n Blast, let me know if u can make it next week too, I might go this fri night for brackets-EZ

http://www.tampabikers.com/racing.htm
Man did my bike get dirty!! took all day to clean it.. also I have to do a little less burn out, half my damn tire is gone !! I dont think i can make friday nite but i'm going to bring my other bike Wensday to test and tune and see what kinda numbers i can get out of it..

Yep like the wheelie man said i'm a light weight !! 125 pounds in my birth day suit ... add another 5 + dressed ..
smile.gif
muscle.gif

Back