WOW!!!...The '08's Are FAST!!!

War Bird 13

Registered
Back to the track last night...BIKE WARS at Kil-Kare Speedway in Xenia Ohio...going faster and getting better...STOCK 08...Full Alien Head System...17/45 gearing...strapped on the front...Brocks adjustable links on back...PC III with Street Map...93 Octane pump gas...Brock's Ultra Clutch Mod and Cushion...and STILL foot shifting (air shift coming soon i hope)...made quite a few LOW 9.30 passes...MY best 2 passes were 9.2876 and 9.2811...60 foot times were 1.5330 and 1.5086 with 330 foots at 3.9836 and 3.9871...and trapped @ 10,500 R's in 5th gear at 148.59 mph and 149.06 mph...THEN the REAL fun started...i put a guy by the name of CR from EPC on my bike and he made 3 passes...first pass...9.1063...next pass 9.0363...he comes back to the trailer and says i can get this thing in the 8's i think...have at it i say...next pass...8.9880...STOCK MOTOR PEOPLE...he ran a 8.9880 with 1.4222 60 foot...3.8230 330 foot...125.11 mph in the 1/8th...trapped at 8.9880 secconds at 151.55 mph...THANKS CR...08 POWER RULEZ!!!!:cheerleader::bowdown::cheerleader:

thats freakin awesome!:cheerleader: id be lucky to get mine in the nines. no experience at racing

Well to be honest i have only been doing this since August...i DO have a "teacher" and the hard part is putting the competitveness aside and following isntructions...LOL...such as lining up against say a guy on a 14 and KNOW you have been told to ONLY work on your 60 foot times (i.e.shutting it down after just 60 foot)...see what i mean...BUT if you go out and run 1.70 and 1.80 60 foots your just wasting gas and beating on the bike if you continue to run the WHOLE 1/4 mile...follow me?.....finally getting my 60 foots consistent 1.49's and 1.50's....and as you can see (by the guy that put the 8.98 pass on my bike it takes even lower ones (1.4's) to get in the 8's)....so i still have some learning to do (i.e. get the "Stones" to get the throttle PINNED before 60 foot...LOL)....but hey you can do it with some practice...

That is CRAZY !! With just a pipe, and seeing 8"s ......SICK !!!

I've had my Busa for 4 years since August, and I've never tried to "drag" race it (from a stop). Tons of roll-on's. It "LOOKS" so easy, but if it was everyone would be doing it. What rpm do you take off at ? How fast are you off the clutch, and does the rear spin on take-off ? (don't worry I'm not asking so I can go out front & try it :stoopid:)

What's the hardest thing to learn...reaction time, giving it as much throttle as you can, without standing it up.... (or is this different with each person) ?

Thats some awsome numbers and speed.... I tried it this weekend too.
Some make it look so easy but easy it is NOT. :bowdown:

That's a great time... but aren't Gen2's heavier than Gen1's?
I'm gonna see how much weight I can drop on my Gen1 w/ a carbonfiber gas tank, GSXR wheels w Pilot Pures, and an aluminum subframe...

Back