DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Jonz

Registered
I'm new to this site but was referred to here cause they say if you have a problem with a Busa here is where you can solve it. Ok I have a 2004 Busa stock that only have led lights with 14211 miles on it and I've had it for 7 yrs with all service done regularly. Now within the last 2 yrs do to change in work scheduling of 12 hrs shifts lacked riding and had it sitting up so within the last 6 to 8 months ago I completely redid everything new fuel pump, injectors,plugs,wires,chain,tires,clutch,chain, air filter, oil changed, new battery, and fresh tank of gas. Got it running and enjoyed riding it that week after that the problem begins try to crank it using the push button start and the first two or three tries it turns and hit then after that it turns and dies down like the battery dead, I can jump it and it spins very fast and hits once and twice and then runs so I go on an make the ride for about 30 mile stop at the store comeback out to start it an it turns over again like the battery dead now jumping it back off again taking about 5 or 6 times tries now to get it running and back home, Now since I've bought 3 batteries put 3 new sets of plugs and it still turn over and hit then goes like the battery dying and I don't want to keep jumping it cause it spinning so fast I don't want to tear or hurt nothing else I NEED SOME HELP TO GET IT CRANKING LET I BOUGHT IT TURN KEY PUSH START CRANK AND RIDE, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

First fully charge the battery. Take it to the store for a load test. If it fails purchase your fourth new battery. Put the good battery in the bike. Using a multimeter perform the service manual tests on the rectifier and stator and the short-circuit/leakdown test. If there is any short find that first. Next, the tests many indicate for you to replace one nor both charging components.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply but work and rest got me. I wanna say first thank all you for the information and I will purchase a volt meter tomorrow an perform the volt meter test on the battery. I also want to say I'm more of a rider than mechanic but I came do a little bit but I don't know how to perform the service manual test on the rectifier and stator and short-circuit leak down test. Is there a thread on them or if you can walk me thru it I'll follow your instruction and once again thank you all for you info an time.

Do not run your bike until you have fully charged the battery and preferably had it load tested. The charging system is killing your batteries.

You can search youtube for Hayabusa charging tests.

You should get a copy of the service manual. Perhaps someone will post a url to a download. The PDFs are floating around here.

For clarity you want a multimeter, which they all are nowadays, because you will make measurements other than voltage too.

The DC voltage at the battery is a test of the rectifier which creates the DC voltage.

Short test: Bike should be off for this.

Set the meter to current and set it to the highest setting, usually 20 AMPS. Disconnect the ground wire. Put the meter between the ground wire and negative terminal. Turn the setting down until you get a valid reading. So 20 amp to 2 amp to .2 amp for example. You start on the high setting to not damage the meter.

The highest current you should see is .03 A or 3mA. That is the clock and the wiring using a small amount of power. If so you are good. If the current is a lot higher you start pulling fuses, re-reading the meter, until you see the high current drop. That identifies the circuit where there is a problem.

You mentioned that the bike was well-maintained so unless a wire wore through from rubbing in the wrong place, a bad install from the prior owner, etc., this test should pass. But you never know until you test it.

Stator tests involve disconnecting the stator from the rectifier and measuring resistance from stator wire to wire and measuring the AC output of the stator while it is running.

For your information these tests apply to any bike although the acceptable limits in the service manual differ a bit for each model.

Thank you very very much Hayabusa Wannabe I will follow these test step by step to get the outcome and information to solve my problem or problems. I truly appreciate your time patience and detail instructions from you and the others cause I didn't have a clue of what to do, Just an old country boy that like to ride MY BIg Busa Beast!!!!!!!

Thank you very very much Hayabusa Wannabe I will follow these test step by step to get the outcome and information to solve my problem or problems. I truly appreciate your time patience and detail instructions from you and the others cause I didn't have a clue of what to do, Just an old country boy that like to ride MY BIg Busa Beast!!!!!!!
Welcome to the forum!

I stay in a small town and we don't have a suzuki shop or motorcycle shop near. Ours recently went out of business and I had my bike built out of state and I don't have anyone here locally to trust to work on it so after asking and telling my problems they kept saying battery so I bought a new one and since also I wasn't riding as often when i first got it time past so I thought the battery just died out.

Thanks RedBull for that I will be using this when the weather gets better for me to do and troubleshoot my bike with all the info from you all just need the weather to warm up enough to do it. Once again thanks to all of you and I will keep you updated as soon as the weather permits,

200.gif

Back