Dont know how it happened !!!

Please examine the frame area for cracks. That's a prime year for that disaster. This isn't a joke.

Read up on the ZX14 forums. You'll see what I'm talking about.
+1. check the forums. a recall notice required a collar torque check and then a re-torque and in some cases removal of motor to check frame in more detail or a frame replacement. serious stuff.

beerchug.gif
Enjoy
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Go ahead....have your fun....I can take it....ha !! Just remember...on the ZX14 forum I am being praised for finally seeing the light ...ha !!!

Seriously though, this bike is so close in performance to my old 2006 Busa that I feel like I am riding it again. Its not better than the Busa nor is it worse...just a little different. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I wont even compare looks.(Personally I think the Busa is better looking). Going from my 2006 Gixxer 1K it feels like going from a go-kart to a cadillac.

High points after 200 miles> Very comfortable riding position, great front brakes, absolutely no engine vibration at any speed, fantastic high speed stablility, rheostat-like torque, scary high RPM power, rear tire 190/50/17 looks huge on bike (it measures 1" wider than the same size tire on my gixxer 1K) and surprisingly good cornering.

Low Points> Its not a Hayabusa, poor wind protection from front fairing, my legs are "medium rare" caused by the heat emanating from the George Foreman grilles when in stop and go traffic, gas guzzler (33 MPG average so far), low power under 4,000 RPM and attracts too much attention due to the bright red color.

All in all, it really is a lot like the Busa.

Went to the drags last night (just watching not racing) and there was a pair of 08 Hayabusas there. First time out for one of the guys and after a couple of runs he hit a 10.04. Damn good time for a stocker, first time out. Maybe in the spring...
whistling.gif

My son bought the exact same bike. Now when we ride together the 'busa and ZX-14 get lots of looks. I like the Ninja over the 'busa in some aspects, and I like the 'busa over the ZX-14 in others. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you ride on 2 wheels that COOL!!!!!

Good looking ride.

Don't leave in shame.

Keep us posted on how she performs. Who knows, we might all need to be riding a ZX-14

Nice bike! I'm in Springfield. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to hook up & ride
beerchug.gif
Hey Street Racer, I'm just outside of Springfield, I'll ride with ya too. Don't worry about it not being a Busa, my last bike was a ZRX1200. I don't pick my riding mates by the brand of bike they ride.

Been looking to buy a used red or red/black Busa for several weeks with no luck. Went to look at one today and brought this home instead. Sure doesnt look like a Busa to me !!! Anyway, probably wont be posting much more here as I have to hit the ZX14 forums and get some tips. Its a 2006, completely stock, 3,000 miles and it was cheap. Anyway, this is a great forum and you guys are all top notch. Good luck to you all and I will probably be back in a year or two !!!
I own an 06 14 as well. Its an awesome bike....but so is my busa
winkold.gif
The first mod you'll need to do is pull the secondary flies and add a pc tho....the 06-07 14's have the weakest low end of any big bike I've ever ridden. Its truly pathetic. But when you hit 6 grand on the tach hang on!!!
And 14's respond incredibly well to mods...there's ALOT of untapped potential that kawi just left sitting on the table. Stiffen up the front compression and rebound damping a few clicks and it will sharpen up the front nicely in corners. And don't expect the stock BT-014's to last long.....they're crap. The back will evaporate and get nasty slick in the last few miles...and the ridiculously strong front brakes will cup the front before you can swap out the back. I'm upgrading to Michelin Pilot Road 2's
winkold.gif
These big bikes decimate full-on sport tires in incredibly short periods of time if you like to twist the throttle even a little
wowold.gif
Go to some good sporty touring rubber like the PR 2's
winkold.gif

And stick around!! I don't want to be the only 14 owner taking the heat
wowold.gif
winkold.gif
laugh.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

wowold.gif

winkold.gif

I own an 06 14 as well. Its an awesome bike....but so is my busa  
winkold.gif
 The first mod you'll need to do is pull the secondary flies and add a pc tho....the 06-07 14's have the weakest low end of any big bike I've ever ridden. Its truly pathetic. But when you hit 6 grand on the tach hang on!!!
And 14's respond incredibly well to mods...there's ALOT of untapped potential that kawi just left sitting on the table. Stiffen up the front compression and rebound damping a few clicks and it will sharpen up the front nicely in corners. And don't expect the stock BT-014's to last long.....they're crap. The back will evaporate and get nasty slick in the last few miles...and the ridiculously strong front brakes will cup the front before you can swap out the back. I'm upgrading to Michelin Pilot Road 2's  
winkold.gif
 These big bikes decimate full-on sport tires in incredibly short periods of time if you like to twist the throttle even a little  
wowold.gif
 Go to some good sporty touring rubber like the PR 2's  
winkold.gif

And stick around!! I don't want to be the only 14 owner taking the heat  
wowold.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks for the tips !!! I will follow your advice. This bike came with Continental Force radials. I parked the ZX14 next to my Gixxer and I cant believe how much wider the rear tire looked even though they are the same size. I measured the tread width and it is a full 1" wider. Also the profile is not as "round" but more ellipitical.(is that a word?) Puts a lot more rubber on the road and looks cool !!! I am going to put one on the Gixxer too.

I was also surprised at the tall gearing. For example, my gixxer thousand at 5,000 RPM is going 75 MPH. The ZX at 5,000 RPM is going 100 MPH. In 4th gear on the ZX 5,000 RPM equals 75 MPH. Dont know when I will ever use 6th gear. With the tall gearing and lack of power under 4,000 RPM 6th gear roll ons are pretty dull. I am so used to riding the Gixxer that I find myself cruising around in 4th gear as the RPM sound/feel is what I am used to.

The high speed stability is really awesome compared to the Gixxer. The long wheelbase, extra weight and wider back tire really keep it going straight at high speed. I can hear the sirens already...ha !!!!

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

wowold.gif

winkold.gif

Back