LED and Angel eyes

Another pic

1111.jpg

@yzguyfl that looks awesome. How hard were they to install and how was adding the extra pieces?

it comes with all the wiring you need, but I did not like the way the wiring was setup. They have long wires on the lights that goes to a spliter harness then to the control box. The problem is, if you attach them to a faring, then you can't take the faring off. So I cut the wires, using the connectors they sent, put the connectors a few inches from the lights, then soldering up the rest of the wires back to the single connector that the spliter went to, so I could take them off. If you attach them to the frame, this does not matter as much.

you can cut them down to about 3", you can look at the side and see the wiring, you can cut them down to 7 leds. I have an extra 12", but could not bring myself to cut a 12" one down to 3, so I ordered a couple more 4" ones. I'll find a use for the 12 ones some time :)

the resistors were not needed, but I thought the ones int he turn signals were just to bright compared to the rest, as the rest all reflected off some other part, and those were just blaring in your face.

@sanket is your halo kit and LEDs intigrated? Was wondering if they run off the same switch or remote. Was the install that easy? I am still concerned with opening my headlight.

@yzguyfl I got the 12pc kit. I looked at the video and it showed them being bent in several positions. Do you think it is possible to run them into the headlight assembly and make my own angel/halo eyes out of the strips?

@sanket is your halo kit and LEDs intigrated? Was wondering if they run off the same switch or remote. Was the install that easy? I am still concerned with opening my headlight.

yes I actually bought the dual ring multi color halo ring kit and multi color led strip kit from the same person and both are made by the same company ( sportbikes lites ). to link the halo and led kit I did have to splice the wires in the front of the bike to plug in the halo's to the led strips in the front and it all worked off single remote. As far as taking the headlight apart, check out u-tube for headlight baking videos. theres a ton of them on there. Its fairly easy to do jsut be patient with it and all should be a breeze. If anything if you have a old headlight laying around practice on that. Also you can try to bend the led strips and make ur own halo's but I wouldnt go that way IMHO. If money is an issue wait out a bit more to save up and get a actual led halo kit and then do the install. You will be much happier with the results.

yes I actually bought the dual ring multi color halo ring kit and multi color led strip kit from the same person and both are made by the same company ( sportbikes lites ). to link the halo and led kit I did have to splice the wires in the front of the bike to plug in the halo's to the led strips in the front and it all worked off single remote. As far as taking the headlight apart, check out u-tube for headlight baking videos. theres a ton of them on there. Its fairly easy to do jsut be patient with it and all should be a breeze. If anything if you have a old headlight laying around practice on that. Also you can try to bend the led strips and make ur own halo's but I wouldnt go that way IMHO. If money is an issue wait out a bit more to save up and get a actual led halo kit and then do the install. You will be much happier with the results.

I have to agree, wait until you have the money to purchase a "good" LED halo kit. The Sportbike lite kit is an full epoxy coated LED light ring. Do a search on angel eyes or halo's and you'll see that I posted some pictures on here showing the difference between the good ones and the cheap ones.

Like sanket_420 said take your time when opening up the headlight and you'll be fine. Don't heat it up to fast or to high or you'll be purchasing another one...take your time. If you can find another light to work on that would be even better.

I had already ordered some LEDs but not from the company that has halo kits. I think I will just get a good halo kit I just wanted to intigrate them either they will be able to tie in or I will have to hit two switches. If I am going through all the trouble I might as well go with a good one. I always try to save a bit here and there where I can because in the end it means more mods. :)

I had already ordered some LEDs but not from the company that has halo kits. I think I will just get a good halo kit I just wanted to intigrate them either they will be able to tie in or I will have to hit two switches. If I am going through all the trouble I might as well go with a good one. I always try to save a bit here and there where I can because in the end it means more mods. :)

I was thinking about splicing my halo and LED's together but then I decided not to just so I could have separate control over them or have whatever effect I wanted to have such as blue halo and white LED's on bike or red LED's and blue halo or whatever combo I wanted.

@yzguyfl I got the 12pc kit. I looked at the video and it showed them being bent in several positions. Do you think it is possible to run them into the headlight assembly and make my own angel/halo eyes out of the strips?
yeah, sorta.
they are flexible, think soft rubber. But they are individual led's, so you will see individual lights around it. I think some of the cooler ones are more of a glowing ring, but likely similar to the other ones with individual lights.
Also not sure what you would stick them to, or how to keep it in shape.

Back