Donations...... A few changes

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We have been working hard behind the scenes on lots of changes coming to you soon.. Some of the changes we can tell you about now and let you start to see some of the fruits of our labor.

It always helps to have an understanding of where we came from to understand where we are now and where we want to be. In the past we have taken donations for a long list of reasons. Some of those reasons would include

• Helping members in need
  • Supporting the site for new software or servers
  • Flowers for funerals

Ever since we started taking donations we felt the need to set those members apart to recognize them in some way, we started the donating members usergroup to show who has donated or contributed to the overall site at some point. As time has progressed and we have collected money for many many members and projects we wanted to be able to identify members that donated to a specific cause... We have been working behind the scenes on the details and I believe we have a solution. You will hear a new catchword around the site when we speak of donations and that will be "Campaigns" or "Donation Campaign". From now on when we run a Campaign there will be a cause and along with that cause there will be an icon that we will be adding to those people that donate for that cause. So you will become a member of the "Donating Members" usergroup with all the features that group has but you will also get the small icon for that campaign added just below your name... Here is what it would look like.... (NOTE: BBB was able to login and participate and donate while I was setting all this up.)

bbb.gif

As you can see there is a small box with a capital B in it, this icon has been added and represent the latest donation campaign that we have running. Each time you participate and donate to a new campaign there will be a new box added. We will never distinguish between how much people donate but we absolutely want to recognize the different times that you have been involved.

Now that you know what it is and how it works let talk about what we have now...

The current campaign is for Mc_Mustang and the project that we took on to makeover his bike while he is deployed in Iraq! I have created 3 levels that you can donate in, some can afford the first and some the last but in the end you get the same things... Its all about what you feel comfortable giving and how much you want to give nothing more or less.

I can't speak about the project cause Shawn logs on every day and we want his bike makeoever to be a real suprise to him when he gets back to the states... I can tell you that we need some financial help and that many have given already... to those that have given to this in the past we will make your icon show up.....

If you want to give you can go to this link DONATE TO MAKEOVER BESSIE or you can go to your usercp and on the left side there is a new text link that says "paid subscriptions", click on that link and you are on your way to pay.....

choose what level you want to donate and then you will be taken to paypal, when the payment has completed you will be automatically made a part of the donating member group and your new icon will be there instantly.

The differences between a member and donating member is very simple but here they are...

**************************** Member *********Donating Member
Stored PM's ------------------------ 500 -------------- 1500
Number of PMs sent at once --------- 5 --------------- 15
Custom Title under name ------------ No -------------- Yes
Avatar Size ------------------------- 64 x 64 ---------- 96 x 96
Signature Font ---------------------- 5 ---------------- 7
Images you can have in signature ---- 1 ---------------- 2

I think the major reason that people want to donate is to give back to the community... I can tell you that every penny that is brought in on this campaign will be going to this project, we will not keep any of the money for anything else...

As always folks let me know if you have any problems or concerns...

cap

bbb.gif

Cool new system :thumbsup:! I am kind of slow on this as I have been at work all day...does the new little capital "B" icon stand for Bessie?

Cool new system :thumbsup:! I am kind of slow on this as I have been at work all day...does the new little capital "B" icon stand for Bessie?

Yep, the campaign that we have running right now is for Bessie and to get the funds to get her done...

I really really wish that I could tell you all publically what we have done and what we have planned but Shawn is poking around, we have to balance what information that we put out to the group with what we want him to know so that there is still something to suprise him with when he gets home....

cap

Thanks for the info Cap! I am know whatever y'all have planned will be great. Hopefully Shawn is not as snoopy as me when it comes to trying to figure out suprises. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the info Cap! I am know whatever y'all have planned will be great. Hopefully Shawn is not as snoopy as me when it comes to trying to figure out suprises. :laugh: :laugh:

He is, and he actually asked me to send him pics.... Like W H A T E V E R

Hey you guys that have just donated, would you please give me some feedback in this forum and tell me your experience. Was it easy to do, how long did it take to pay and how long did it take for the changes to be on your account?

I need some feedback to make sure things are running smoothly...

Hey you guys that have just donated, would you please give me some feedback in this forum and tell me your experience. Was it easy to do, how long did it take to pay and how long did it take for the changes to be on your account?

It went smooth as silk; payment went through in a matter of seconds and the changes to my user account were just as quick.

easy deal......icon showed up right away...............:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Super easy. It was just like buying something online. Everything seemed clear and easy to understand. Took no time at all to pay. Changes to my account were instant.

Back