Made a few changes to the server this weekend... Hows the speed

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys, anyone notice any performance improvements from this weekend? We made some changes to try and help the folks with older systems....

Feedback requested!

Cap

Everything pretty much the same here, but I didnt have any problems before.

Some will notice some won't.... We are trying to do everything that we can to make sure we are squeezing the most we can out of what we have for the most....

You know... Do more with less...

I have a new system, no wonder I hadn't noticed :laugh:

Zynga is running slower than molasses in winter ..........

On Vista with IE 9 it works perfect. On XP with IE 8 it takes a long time to load each page on a thread.

On Vista with IE 9 it works perfect. On XP with IE 8 it takes a long time to load each page on a thread.

Well you may have answered your own problem.... Can you get IE9 on the machine OR just make sure the same plugins are installed..

Can you install IE9 on an XP machine? I didn't think you could....

UPDATE: Just checked, no you can't....and therein may lie the problem...

All things get phased out. It's only logical it will happen on this site. XP was a great OS. Games like BF3 that is about to come out won't support XP. Believe MS will support it to 2014. Doesn't mean everyone else will.

Can you install IE9 on an XP machine? I didn't think you could....

UPDATE: Just checked, no you can't....and therein may lie the problem...

Just check the plugins Keith.. I tested on IE8 and it works fine..

When i can steal the tablet back from the wife i will check and see if the site runs better on its browser and let a know. Other tan that Mac Snow leopard running chrome is nice and quick.

Been using Firefox lately, but just tested it with Windows 7 and IE 9 and it seems quite a bit faster to me.

Well you may have answered your own problem.... Can you get IE9 on the machine OR just make sure the same plugins are installed..

Yep, both systems are still plugged in :laugh:

I figured you had gotten a good amount of feedback by now, but thought I'd put that little tid bit about the different OS and IE versions in case it helps any.

I've been looking around, but how do you see which plug ins are installed?

I couldn't find the problems post you had up, so I figured I would post here.

Speed has been good, but last night put the iPhone software 5.0 update on and now I can't be connected to any links. This is not a big deal but I figured I would let u know, or see if it's just mine being buggy.

Thanks for keeping up a great site!

I have finally stolen the tablet from my wife. General browsing on the stock browser is still a bit slow and has some hiccups. The real problem is when trying to post a message, the screen lags up really bad and it takes three seconds to see one letter show. I will try again using dolphin browser and see if there is a difference.

Oh tablet is the transformer with current honeycomb is not rooted.

Back