Dog ate a fishing lure :(

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Kids were fishing. adam left the pole outside and now its gone. cant find lure in yard. Wife's on the way to get her xrayed. I hope it's not in her and just lost in the back yard. :please:

It's a single one inch hook. It's in her stomach.
Option one: endoscopy with scope and remove hook, $1500 :cry:
Option two: feed large qua of bread with drugs and make her vomit, hopefully it comes out without getting stuck, if stuck then endoscopy is a must
Option three: see if it passes naturally.

Option 1 is obv easy best choice but way more exp than option two.
Option three not a choice to me as I don't think it will pass.

Bite the bullet and pony up 1500, I spent 3k on my dog ion his last 3 months trying to save him from cancer, would do all over again, I miss that dog. option 2 and 3 could cause more damage.

I haven't prayed this hard in a loooooooonnnng time.
Praise be to God, it came out with option 2

image.jpg

The term "Lucky Dog" fits this time, literally. Good on ya Blanca, now feed that dam dog some chuck wagon so he don't go eating fish hooks instead.

Working in a vets office I see a lot of things but we haven't had a dog with a fish hook in it since I've been there. Glad it came out with out getting stuck. Its amazing what they will eat isn't it? Also, good on you for noticing so quickly.

BoB credit goes to my wife. As much as she isn't cocos biggest fan when they noticed the pole with no hook on it it was her that figured what happened. I only showed up to pay the bill.

$384 :cry:

It's times like these I am glad I am a reef keeper instead of a dog person :laugh: glad the puppy is ok :thumbsup:

Back